Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Strange that there is no mention whatsoever on their Support site on what they plan to do (if anything) to support Vista users.

What have those who are using Vista experienced? Does Palm Desktop, Outlook sync etc work like in XP?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Strange that there is no mention whatsoever on their Support site on what they plan to do (if anything) to support Vista users.

What have those who are using Vista experienced? Does Palm Desktop, Outlook sync etc work like in XP?
    I was able to get the basic Outlook sync to work (by pointing the device to it's driver manually). Haven't had any luck getting the other stuff working.
    Hi,

I've no details, but just to confirm, Palm is preparing to support Vista: Windows Vista

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the information and that URL. I could not find any links to that page.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Actually, if you click Support... you can find a link on the right side.

Kevin Michaels, can you tell us when PALM going to publish the Vista support? By the end of January / mid February maybe? It's getting late..
    dominus vobiscum
    Sorry olentz, I really have no details, that kind of information falls beyond my purview. Best I can suggest is to keep an eye on the Support page for any updates.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    I am using Vista with the XP version (414?) of the Palm Desktop software. Had a hard time getting it to install, but managed to do it, with full functionality. Can hotsink via cable and bluetooth.
    Hard time installing? That means no full support yet.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    How did you get the Treo to sync with Outlook (if you did)? I can't even get the Palm desktop s/w to rununder Vista!
    Well - I got it working. I re-loaded the latest version of the palm s/w and then purchased Chapura Pocket Mirror. This config seems to work fine with Vista/Office 2007.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Looks like they updated it to work on Vista now, kind of.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/windowsvista/index.html

Palm® Desktop software installation on Windows Vista

* Palm Desktop software will install on Windows Vista and will synchronize PIM (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos).

* Third-party desktop applications, including those found on your Palm® Software Installation CD (such as carrier-branded Dial-up Networking (DUN) desktop software and other applications), may not be compatible with Windows Vista. Please check back for updates from Palm and/or visit the third-party application website for updates.

* Palm Quick Install (the desktop application that allows you to move files like .prc and .pdb to your Palm device) and Palm® LifeDrive™ mobile manager software are not currently Vista compatible. Please check back for updates.

* Help files (.hlp files) found in some versions of Palm Desktop software may not be supported in Windows Vista. Please reference your user guide or visit www.palm.com/support and select your device for additional information.
    Palm Desktop installed fine for me, aswell as HotSync, but I absolutely cannot get the Palm Desktop program to actually open. All you see is the Palm Desktop splash as when you first start it, and it just hangs. The Treo WILL hotsync, but again, I cannot get into Palm Desktop to see my Synced information, or print Calenders, etc.

Erik
    I did a clean install of Vista Business and the Palm software with my original CD. I have no problem syncing my calendar,contacts,tasks and memos. But Quick Install is broken. I can't install anything on my 700p.
    Everything works for me, but me, but I have not verified the Quick Install problem. Documents to Go syncs great. I guess we will all have to to transfer using memory cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    Well - I got it working. I re-loaded the latest version of the palm s/w and then purchased Chapura Pocket Mirror. This config seems to work fine with Vista/Office 2007.
    I was actually able to sync with Outlook 07 on a Vista machine with a very old version of Pocketmirror. Version 3 i think...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by pin0y_bear View Post
    I did a clean install of Vista Business and the Palm software with my original CD. I have no problem syncing my calendar,contacts,tasks and memos. But Quick Install is broken. I can't install anything on my 700p.
    Try using the other method: Install Tool (found in the Program Files - PalmOne application group under the Start menu.)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Is there no option in Vista to turn on "compatilibity mode" for programs? In XP, you simply right click on the actual *.exe file for the program and click on properties. It let you set compatibility mode there.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Is there no option in Vista to turn on "compatilibity mode" for programs? In XP, you simply right click on the actual *.exe file for the program and click on properties. It let you set compatibility mode there.
    Vista has the same thing but i think it only goes back as far as sp2 compatibility in some situations. I didn't even think to use this as an option when i was having problems.
    I tried doing that for Palm Quick Install and it still won't open to install a program to the Treo 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    it works the same way with vista, but it still doesnt work.

palm has said quick install doesnt work, and that some conduits wont work either.

you can sync with vista, well at least I can sync, but i cant open up palm desktop. i see the splasg screen and thats it. the splash screen just stays up.

I moved the compatibility to xp sp 2, but it does the same.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast