1.    #1  
    When are us webmasters going to get a web editing tool on our treos?! Or a decent FTP (file transfer protocol)?! It's 2007!
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
  2.    #2  
    Well.. Here's something for the Palm.. But what about Windows Mobile? I'll be using a 750 shortly...
    Sal Collaziano
    I am pretty sure there are quite a few ftp managers out there.
    There already is a program for PalmOS. It's called DragonEdit and you can find it here:
    http://www.greendragonsoftware.com/s...alm/dragonedit
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I use PocketTTY and vi
    Pete
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    There already is a program for PalmOS. It's called DragonEdit and you can find it here:
    http://www.greendragonsoftware.com/s...alm/dragonedit
    Thank you. I actually meant to post that here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...31&postcount=2

I guess I was rushing.. Shortly after, I realized that I'll be switching to Cingular's Windows Mobile 5.0 750, so.. Now I need one for that.
    Sal Collaziano
  7. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    seiously though, how much can you get done with such a small screen?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    seiously though, how much can you get done with such a small screen?
    I hear ya but I'm a certified web maniac - with a life.. A very difficult situation.. I run two web servers with 100 of my own domains.. And, I have a very active "out" life.. It's very difficult to maintain these two lives.
    Sal Collaziano
    Hi, I'm the developer of DragonEdit. The small screen is an issue on the Treo - however, there are several hi-res fonts included with DragonEdit that let you see a much larger amount of text on the screen at once.

You may not want to do large amounts of web site creation on the Palm, but DragonEdit's perfect for on-the-fly edits. I've tried to make it as efficient and painless as possible on the Palm.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by iebnn View Post
    Hi, I'm the developer of DragonEdit. The small screen is an issue on the Treo - however, there are several hi-res fonts included with DragonEdit that let you see a much larger amount of text on the screen at once.

You may not want to do large amounts of web site creation on the Palm, but DragonEdit's perfect for on-the-fly edits. I've tried to make it as efficient and painless as possible on the Palm.
    The program looks excellent and I would, without a doubt, be using it if I was planning on keeping my Palm OS.. Unfortunately, I'm moving to the Treo 750 which is Windows Mobile 5.. If you ever create this software for the 750, please let us know. I'll be the first buyer.
    Sal Collaziano