1.    #1  
    CircuitCity.com Discounts Palm TX, E2 and Z22
    Posted By: Kris Keilhack on Monday, January 15, 2007 10:24:33 AM
    In what may be a sign of new Palm PDAs around the corner or just an attempt to clear out excess inventory, CircuitCity.com has the Palm TX and E2 handhelds on sale as web-only specials through January 27th 2007.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...tx-e2-and-z22/
    Wow all of them. I would assume they discontinue LifeDrive first?

Just stuff a 4gb chip inside the TX would make it a better LifeDrive.

So they would at least make a low end and a high end model?

Wait I don't see LifeDrive on Palm.com, when did they discontinued it?
  3.    #3  
    PalmŪ Z22 | Tungsten E2 | Tungsten E2 GPS | PalmŪ TX

http://www.palm.com/us/products/index.html
    Its funny when they say mobile managers, and there is still only one.

Surur
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    You know I've never seen a lifedrive "in the wild" - never and I know a lot of palm users (mind you most of the palm users I know stopped at the T3).
    Not a lot of people use PDAs anymore, due to phones including them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    You know I've never seen a lifedrive "in the wild" - never and I know a lot of palm users (mind you most of the palm users I know stopped at the T3).
    I saw some guy buy one at the Palm Kiosk at the Prudential Center in Boston,MA (so I guess there is at least *one* of them out there! ;-)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Its funny when they say mobile managers, and there is still only one.
    Surur
    Hehe. Kinda reminds me of the cheesy webpages you see all the time with loads of buttons allowing you to select what is there. But about 50% of them have the stupid little .gif with the hardhat guy shoveling dirt and a banner flashing "Under Construction". The feeling of wasted time you get when that happens is about how I feel about Palm's Mobile ManagerS.

Or maybe the second one is called iPhone?
    Patrick Horne
    I know of a few medical providers that use the life-drives. They are kind of slow compared with non-hard disk based PDAs.

I think the reason most people don't use PDAs any more is the lack of keyboard. Even tethered to a bluetooth phone it's hard to answer e-mail if you have to hand-write or tap tap the whole response.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Graffiti was fine for me, but most people never seemed to get it.
    Maybe this is the same reason the Newton failed???
    There isn't a hand-writing recognition system in the world that understands what I am trying to say.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    its more a sign of circuit city cutting their losses. since practically no one is buying them anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    There isn't a hand-writing recognition system in the world that understands what I am trying to say.
    With Grafitti I sort of learned/devised my own writing style: I wrote the "v" character backwards, which worked well in grafitti 1 but not in grafitti 2. This was the same for lots of other characters too. The "x" and "K" were sideways marks similar to those "yellow ribbon" magnets that you see on cars. For "d", I drew a triangle (greek delta character), etc. I can see why it never took on. I still found on the treo 600 that I preferred grafitti over the keyboard but on the 700p the keys are flat enough that I'm comfortable with it. With grafitti, I used keycapshack (because I didnt want to switch between stylus and keyboard), but with th 700p, kepcapshack is no longer necessary for me. I'm sure once I get more used to keyboarding I'll be faster than grafitti.
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms View Post
    its more a sign of circuit city cutting their losses. since practically no one is buying them anymore.
    Yes/No
    This is also a time when tech doesnt sell at all. And so the pressure to make higher selling devices more attractive to get folks into stores is a bit greater.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.

Over a year ago on a flight from Grand Rapids to Minneapolis. . . . . got bumped to 1st Class for free . . . . the 4 seats in my row: 2 Treos, 1 LifeDrive and 1 Laptop. . . . . . .

Ya -- I stopped at the T3, as well. . . . . . of course, I consider my 700P a PDA
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/17/2007 at 01:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    What? I cant undertand you can you type louder please?

hahaha.

Ever notice that when someone of foriegn nationality isnt understood its most peoples reaction to speak louder to them?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    What? I cant undertand you can you type louder please?

hahaha.

Ever notice that when someone of foriegn nationality isnt understood its most peoples reaction to speak louder to them?

Yeah ... now they still won't understand them and they are deaf also.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post

[Chris Tucker]DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?[/Chris Tucker]
    Never touch a black man's radio!