1.    #1  
    I've used Verichat and now Causerie but it seems I cannot maintain a connection unless I want all my phone calls going directly to voicemail. Is there a setting that I'm missing - that'll allow me to stay connected to the Instant Messenger services AND have the ability to receive phone calls simultaneously?
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    which treo do you have? The 650 GSM or 680 can not do both data and voice at the same time. You need a 750 for that.

I do not know enough about CDMA to say which works there.
  3.    #3  
    I have a 650 from Sprint and will be upgrading to a 700 Verizon shortly... I never quite understood (or looked into) the difference between GSM and CDMA...
    Sal Collaziano
    If you are in an EVDO area on the 700 series, calls will come through and data will stop. With Sprint, if you are in a 1x data area and actively transmitting data the call will route to voicemail. I remember reading a post here at TV stating that Verizon did something to their towers and hardware to allow the call to come through and pause the data.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5.    #5  
    Very interesting. Thank you.. So maybe switching to Verizon will be a good thing for me. I have no other complaints about the Sprint network - but my entire family is using Verizon...
    Sal Collaziano
    For clarification, I meant that I read a post here at TC (TreoCentral) rather than "TV" as I posted in my previous post.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  7.    #7  
    ...I had a feeling.
    Sal Collaziano
  8. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    toccer does that. but it's only for AIM.
    If you're on a 1xRTT data connection (Sprint and VZW's "2G" data network), then calls will go straight to voicemail. If you're on an EVDO data connection (Sprint/VZW's "3G" data network) then phone calls will pause the data connection and come through to your handset. The upcoming EVDO Rev. A. networks will allow simultaneous voice and data, meaning that your phone will be able to have a live/active data call AND an active phone call at the SAME time.

On the GSM side, if you're on GPRS/EDGE data connection, data calls will be paused to allow voice calls to come through. If you have a 3G device (UMTS/HSDPA) and you're in a 3G area, then you can do simultaneous voice and data.
  10.    #10  
    I'm getting the 750 from Cingular and I'm in West Palm Beach, Florida.. Can you tell if I'm in a 3G area? I really need this simultaneous scenario...
    Sal Collaziano
    I use IM+ on my 750 and I am able to IM while I on the phone, via bluetooth, no issues. Point to be made is that I normally have a U connetion. Clocking around 950, BTW thanks to the Hack found on this board
  12.    #12  
    What's this hack you speak of?
    Sal Collaziano