Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Put it in a SD card reader or use software like card export, in dos prompt, type

format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K

Where X is your drive location.
    Attempting this on my 2G card, I get DOS msg:

The specified cluster size is too big for FAT32.

Leave off A: parameter for 2G? Thanx.
    Daddoo
    Palm Pilot 500-->M505-->T2-->E2--->700p
    ah... thats what i am getting too...
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    My 8gb card came already formatted to FAT32.....is there any need to do it again?

Warren C.
    Warren C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddoo View Post
    Attempting this on my 2G card, I get DOS msg:

The specified cluster size is too big for FAT32.

Leave off A: parameter for 2G? Thanx.
    In FAT32 the total number of clusters must work out between 65526 & 4177918
    For a 2GB card, using 32K produces fewer than the minimum. Replacing 32K with 16K should work though. If you type help format at the DOS prompt, the cluster limits for various FAT systems are explained.

I'm using a preformated 4GB SDHC that is working just fine. I would only re-format if you are having problems or speed issues.
    how do I pull up the dos comand?
  6.    #26  
    windows key + R
    type in "cmd" and then enter.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    how do I pull up the dos comand?
    On your PC there should be a program called Command Prompt. On my Start menu it is under Accessories. That opens a window with the C:\... prompt that allows you to execute Format and other Dos commands directly just by typing them in. Typing in Help, lists all the different commands.

OR just like Whatever7 says....
    Last edited by jrfaris; 02/22/2007 at 03:56 PM.
    I bought a SanDisk Ultra II 4GB on ebay and the first thing I did as soon as I got it was format it according to the instructions in this thread. However, when I transferred all my stuff from my old 2 gig to my new 4 gig card, a lot of stuff got corrupted. I deleted everything from my 4 gig and tried again, but same thing. Music wouldn't play and my T680 would just freeze. Then I decided to format it on my Treo and now it works fine. Does the formatting procedure only apply to certain brands of memory cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_treo View Post
    I bought a SanDisk Ultra II 4GB on ebay and the first thing I did as soon as I got it was format it according to the instructions in this thread. However, when I transferred all my stuff from my old 2 gig to my new 4 gig card, a lot of stuff got corrupted. I deleted everything from my 4 gig and tried again, but same thing. Music wouldn't play and my T680 would just freeze. Then I decided to format it on my Treo and now it works fine. Does the formatting procedure only apply to certain brands of memory cards?
    Anyone else run into this same thing as above??
    great tip and info, i have an 8gb and will try later
    I think it's ridiculous to reformat SD cards. If you use FileZ or Resco Explorer as your file manager (or any of the others, I'm sure) deleting files or writing new ones won't be an issue as far as time is concerned. My 4 gb card is about 75% full, and yes, it takes a 6 mb program 5 to 10 seconds to load. So what?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12