Washington, DC (PRWeb) January 12, 2007 -- Wirefly (www.wirefly.com), an online leader in one-stop comparison shopping for cell phones and wireless phone plans, today announced which phones were in highest demand by consumers in 2006.

"Given the continuing popularity of that iconic, slim Motorola phone month after month, it should come as no surprise that the top selling cell phone in 2006 was once again the Motorola RAZR," said Wirefly's President Brian Westrick.

Wirefly's List of Top 10 Cell Phones:

1. Cingular Wireless RAZR by Motorola (in various colors)
    2. T-Mobile RAZR (in various colors)
    3. Verizon Wireless RAZR (in various colors)
    4. Cingular Sony Ericsson z520a/z525a video phones
    5. T-Mobile Motorola v360
    6. Verizon Wireless Motorola v276
    7. Sprint Nextel Motorola i850
    8. Sprint Nextel Motorola i710
    9. Cingular Motorola v220
    10. T-Mobile Samsung T309

Wirefly's Westrick continued, "Wirefly has great insight into cell phone trends and more importantly, consumer buying behavior in the wireless market today. Wirefly.com has increasingly become a bellwether for consumer trends in wireless, as tens of thousands of people purchase cell phones and rate plans on Wirefly every month after comparing hundreds of phone models from all the major carriers."

According to "Wirefly Announces the Ten Most Popular Cell Phones of 2006"
    Why is that a surprise. You can comparing an Camry with a Mercedes C Class. Money wise.
    Hm, guess that's a good point. It's not the quantity of the people using Treos, it's the quality of those people. LOL
    I agree, the Razr is nothing compared to any treo 600, 650, 680 or 750.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Those phones are all free with a plan. They're the "gimme" phones, and they suck. Hard.
    No smartphones on that list = no smart PEOPLE.

The majority of the public are drooling idiots. They want cute phones that can make calls & send texts. They don't want a smartphone b/c they are not smart enough to use one. 9 out of 10 people who see my Treo look at it & laugh. They pull out a pink RAZR & say "Your phone is a brick!". Then I give them a little brick demo, and their eyes glaze over. It hurts their brains to think that a phone could do 98% of what a full-blown computer can do.

We Treo users are a rare breed.
    You know, if they are happy as clams with the feature set of their Razr or Motorola v360, I really don't want to babysit them and their "My Battery Life Sucks" postings here on TreoCentral...
    I wish the Razr and its descendants would die. Like Mariah Carrey; wide and (sorta) thin. And everyone and their 2 year old has one.

My manager has *three* in one pocket.. Business, self-business, and personal. I thought that's why they made phones that could do multiple lines
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    But for most people - those phones do just what they want - they phone people and they allow them to text. It's difficult for people like us to accept that most people don't want the hassle of a treo-like brick and will not see THELIGHT*.

* "but if you just give it a go, you'd see how great your productivity would be and if you installed this third party app and spent two weeks learning how to use it and then you learnt how to do the reinstall and then you went on the web and got advice off other users to stop those random crashes and and and and..
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post

The majority of the public are drooling idiots. They want cute phones that can make calls & send texts. They don't want a smartphone b/c they are not smart enough to use one. 9 out of 10 people who see my Treo look at it & laugh. They pull out a pink RAZR & say "Your phone is a brick!". Then I give them a little brick demo, and their eyes glaze over. It hurts their brains to think that a phone could do 98% of what a full-blown computer can do.

Wow - have you considered taking that stick out of your ***?

The majority of the public are just like you - their needs just differ - they are no better or worse than that. Comments like that reinforce the image of treo users as embittered geeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post

I printed this post.... darn that was funny.... you are 100% true.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Wow - have you considered taking that stick out of your ***?
    Wow- could you be any ruder & more vulgar? Grow up.

And thank you, Theog.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Why is that a surprise. You can comparing an Camry with a Mercedes C Class. Money wise.
    couldnt have said it better myself