Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Alright, so over multiple resets I have somehow created 3 different usernames on my desktop sync. How do I get it to sync with 1 and only 1 of those usernames? Is there something on the phone itself that I have to set up to get this to work right? As always, thanks in advance for any input.
    Why don't you delete two of the user names? On the desktop, click the User Name and it gives you the option to edit the users...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I did that on the desktop, but the next time I sync'd it made me create a new username on the desktop instead of using the 1 that was still there.
    Delete all the names and recreate the one you want to keep. Remember that many 3rd party software vendors tie your registration to your hotsync/user name.
    Quote Originally Posted by mshahan View Post
    I did that on the desktop, but the next time I sync'd it made me create a new username on the desktop instead of using the 1 that was still there.
    Does it only give you the option to create a new name or, under create a new name, does it give the option to use an already created name? I have two choices in mine. When I check the "already created name" option, a drop down list appears with all the names available.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    It only gave me the option to add a new user. So I did that, and everything sync'd fine. I am wondering though if I will run into problems since my work computer is running wireless sync, and then I have palm desktop as my home sync method. I am sure changing usernames will cause some havoc with that.