View Poll Results: Which smartphone should I purchase?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Treo 700p (Verizon)

3 18.75%
  • Treo 750 (Cingular)

12 75.00%
  • 8525 (Cingular)

1 6.25%
  1.    #1  

I'm having some serious issues with deciding on the right type of smartphone to purchase once my current contract is up. I currently own a Treo 600 and find it nice, but extremely outdated.

Previous pda...HP Jornada...Treo 600...

I'm looking to use the phone for the following, in order of importance...
    -Phone Usage
    -Corporate/Personal email
    -Corporate Calendar, To Do, Notes
    -Text/MS Messenging
    -View & edit .xls, .doc, .ppt, .pdf
    -Web browsing
    -MP3 Player

Items important to me...
    -Ease of use (maneuver (sp?) through software programs)
    -Voice Quality
    -Speed of web browsing
    -Price/Value
    -Hot Keys
    -Few dropped calls
    -Minimal reboot

Will anyone and everyone please provide their two cents on why I should purchase one of the following...

-Treo 700p (Verizon)
    -Treo 750 (Cingular)
    -8525 (Cingular) - unsure about the slideout keyboard, I like to use the palm with one hand at times. Seems impossible with 8525 and unsure about the phone dialing. Seems more like a PDA first, phone second.

Thanks for all your help in advance.
    The phone you really want is still vapor. (No I don't just mean the iPhone). Buy an OK phone. The 750 is OK.
    Cingular does drop calls...gsm is not the best for workhorse performance...although some would debate this. I've had Verizon and Cingular and I NEVER lost a call with verizon, i do with cingular.

Speed...depending on how much you plan on being on the net the new cingular may be better as everyone creams about 3g but verizon's first take at it was a more significant jump from what I hear. honestly, i'm still learning here.

I don't know if you will find much difference in your experience between these newer models and the 600 though...bluetooth is really nice to have. The same programs, and basic shell features (corporate email, etc) are all there in the 600. I am quickly outgrowing my 650 memory and am a shutterbug now so I wish I had more pixels but with a few memory cards and creative management I think I can make it last another 2 yrs if I'm lucky.

mp3 player....they should all have real player but you could buy the core player now for your phone (which plays movies too)

forget the mobile pc unless you like having to ALWAYS use two hands to type...besides being too much of a commitment for a quick text sometimes it also makes text sex almost impossible (actually never tried that one--yet)

each day i grow more appreciative of how intuitive the interface is on my phone...maybe you just need to spend some quality bonding time before you give it the heave. But I can't tell you how much bluetooth is awesome for me...syncs with my car. hope that helps and is taking in the good spirit its intended. gl
    Last edited by hazzzy23; 01/11/2007 at 07:25 AM.
    If you settle on the 700P -- consider Sprint.

Of course "can you hear me now" is important -- a phone without coveage is useless. But $20 to $30 monthly savings in data costs is nothing to sneeze at.

Sprint provides the coverage I need . . . at a price I love!
    go with 700p verizon, sprint bites!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    hum - bit of a self-selecting audience to ask if you should buy a non-treo device.

I tried the hermes and liked it alot.
    Last edited by CGK; 01/14/2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: fixing smile