1.    #1  
    Call me simple, but if Palm could put a Treo in a RAZR body I'd be happy as a clam(shell).

Full QWERTY on the dial pad, big screen on the top plus the mini LCD on the back. Screen is protected, keypad is protected, and it feels nice being used as a phone. The Treo is the best smartphone I've ever seen, and the RAZR is still the nicest form-factor for a phone that I've used. I know people are sick of seeing them absolutely everywhere, but they're popular for a reason.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i'm not sure how a full qwerty keyboard would fit on a small clamshell phone. samsung did a palm flip phone (with a standard keypad and touch screen) a few years ago (see it here). a friend of mine had it and, iirc, it was pretty darn small. not as thin as a razr, but tiny in comparison to the treo 600 i had at the time. not sure if this was a popular model, though - it's been discontinued, and i don't know if there's a replacement.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    What about some sort of docking keyboard for a phone/PDA without a keyboard, like a LifeDrive or other Palm PDA's. The docking keyboard should be the same size as the device, and make it a flip device. Naturally it should be securely attached so one can walk and type. The entire combined device would look like a small laptop, but you could detach the screen/cpu/memory/battery when needed, so the dock with keyboard would only be keyboard, and possible storage for flash cards?
    Patrick Horne
  5.    #5  
    That's pretty much it - thanks for the pic. I'd be first in line to get one. If it's not in the works already, my guess is that it will now be back-burnered in favor of a full touch screen ala iPhone. Maybe someday .....

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Reminded me of the Treo 300 - how I hated the flip and was so glad to see it gone. They break, they get scratched they fall apart. A good case takes the place of a flip.

Ben
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    never again will i buy a flip lid treo, its ridiculus, after it broke and i replaced it i always treated the thing like carrying around an egg, always carefull to make sure it was protected so it didnt crack, no i like the one piece treo design now
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    The interesting problem is how to accomodate a 320x480 screen and a QWERTY keyboard in a compact device.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The interesting problem is how to accomodate a 320x480 screen and a QWERTY keyboard in a compact device.
    You put the QWERTY keyboard on the screen and develop a new multi-touch technology

OR, you slide the keyboard out
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I ll stick with my standard treo design......
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser View Post
    You put the QWERTY keyboard on the screen and develop a new multi-touch technology

OR, you slide the keyboard out

Not interested in losing screen real-estate. Or a virtual keyboard for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Cool..whoever did that is someone that Palm needs to hire.

Now can someone photoshop a Palm iPhone look alike?
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    Now can someone photoshop a Palm iPhone look alike?
    Somebody did. You just did not see it before apple did. It was called iphony021.prc and was still in cz last I looked.
    Dude... I've been wanting a flip Treo forever, that drawing looks excellent. Too bad Palm will probably never make another one :/ I've often thought of just Frankensteining a flip-treo for myself if I had the materials & resources.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I would love to own a clamshell device. I would ideally like the HTC Startrek with maybe a fastap keyboard, 3G data (CDMA of course), a flash for the camera and full WM5.