Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Ericsson 688 : Phillips Genie Sport : Siemens S35i : Handspring Visor : Nokia 8310 : Nokia 6610 : Nokia N70 : [Vodaphone Treo 750v WM6 + 2GB Transcend miniSD]
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Palm was asking for it..........
    Steve Jobs gave it to them.........
    I'll go with who treats me better........
    It seems to me that if you took the functionality of a LifeDrive and a Treo and mashed together, you'd have a start. Of course, you'd have to debate keyboard vs. total touchscreen, stylus or no, etc...
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Lifedrive + Treo = perhaps that's what Palm has been trying to hint us on what their 'third' business might be. Palm better launch it quick before Apple does in June. Well ... I have a serious doubt they will. Sorry Palm dude! Apple did figure it out and its now ahead of the pack - way ahead.
    Ericsson 688 : Phillips Genie Sport : Siemens S35i : Handspring Visor : Nokia 8310 : Nokia 6610 : Nokia N70 : [Vodaphone Treo 750v WM6 + 2GB Transcend miniSD]
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linoox View Post
    Lifedrive + Treo = perhaps that's what Palm has been trying to hint us on what their 'third' business might be. Palm better launch it quick before Apple does in June. Well ... I have a serious doubt they will. Sorry Palm dude! Apple did figure it out and its now ahead of the pack - way ahead.
    And? Apple leaped ahead in 1984 with the release of the macintosh, and still there are other companies that makes computers. Palm might die, but i'm sure others will release new smarter smartphones now that they have seen iphone.
    I am not so convinced that the Iphone will be as practical as it seems. First off, the touch sceen. That screen will be grease magnet. How can it not be? It is to be used for typing and will be resting against your face while you talk? Second is the lack of 3g capability. Not very practical for the majority of users I would think.

But hey, what do I know.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I immediately thought of the problems they had with the Nano being easily scratched. Now they're talking about the whole thing being the "screen". Hopefully they've figured out how to prevent the scratches.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I am not so convinced that the Iphone will be as practical as it seems. First off, the touch sceen. That screen will be grease magnet. How can it not be? It is to be used for typing and will be resting against your face while you talk? Second is the lack of 3g capability. Not very practical for the majority of users I would think.

But hey, what do I know.
    It has wifi which is faster than 3G
    Maybe this will encourage Palm to start including WiFi as part of their package!!!!
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Wi-Fi would be nice, but I mainly want a high-resolution screen! If Palm delivers a 750 style phone with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0, and a 480x480 screen, I would be very happy. The iPhone looks awesome though, but I still prefer a built in keyboard.

Would it be possible to make a Windows Mobile 6.0 phone with similar specs to a Q or Blackjack, but not the Smartphone edition? Full Pocket PC, stylus,touchscreen, 640x480 landscape screen, bluetooth 2.0, and Wi-Fi? I'd be all over something like that.

If I don't see or hear anything ground breaking from Palm by the end of '07, I may move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    It has wifi which is faster than 3G
    Wifi is nice, when you are next to a wireless router. But it is no good i'm in the car and need directions
    This phone initially looks great, but it is plagued with the same issues that many windows phones have. It has been mentioned before, but I hate all soft buttons, you can;t dial without looking at the phone. And I would hate typing without any tactile feedback. If I wanted all screen, I would have gotten a 8525, I didn't.

The software is revolutionary, and I really like the look of it, but apart from Voicemail trick, my treo does everything already. Maybe not as slick, but I can do it. Threaded SMS, heard that before.

Is a pretty UI worth $600? Maybe, to some. Maybe to me... I'll have to see. BUt Palm has officially been served. Now it is there turn to respond, and the 680/750 isn't gonna be good enough.
    I love the design and look but it is not a practical business machine. Very nice tabbed browser looks very promising and the integration with the ipod software looks great. Wifi and no removeable battery = very bad, no sd card = bad, and the worse thing is no keyboard. I have used software keyboards on the treos screen before, it is an awful experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    I have used software keyboards on the treos screen before, it is an awful experience.
    And that is what I am most afraid of. But from the looks of this device, is it really intended to be a messaging-centric machine? I think it is more of a media serving toy than an input device...
    You can be sure the next MICROSOFT WINDOWS treo by palm will have wifi and uncrippled screen rez.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    I love the design and look but it is not a practical business machine. Very nice tabbed browser looks very promising and the integration with the ipod software looks great. Wifi and no removeable battery = very bad, no sd card = bad, and the worse thing is no keyboard. I have used software keyboards on the treos screen before, it is an awful experience.
    Not to mention that as of now, Apple isn't allowing any third party software to be installed on it. That and no MS Office viewing (forget editing) makes this a glorified iPod, not at all intened for business users.
    Jeff
    Just about everyone in the mobile business is ploting a iPhone rip off right now.

LG (already has one), Samsung, Motorola (a bastardized A1200 anyone?), HTC and hopefully, Palm. Put down you money on which one will come out first.

My money would be on one of those Chinese /Taiwan brand, I am thinking Haier or Acer.
    LG's came first
    Nokia was wanting to do it best
    The Life Drive 2 shoulda been it
    And Samsung will one better everyone with something thinner (and it will come with a second battery - LOL)

In any account, I can say that manufacturers already have had a phone like the iPhone/LG models in development, this announcement has most likely made them move a lot faster.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I don't know about Palm...but let the copycats begin!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast