Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone View Post
    I suggest you all read Palm's Design Philosophy.

Google, "Palm's Design Philosophy"
    Simple
    There must be no complicated steps between you and your information. You don't have time to fumble with confusing menus and hourglass cursors. On a Palm™ handheld, just touch the Date Book icon and you're on today's agenda. One touch to the scroll button and you see tomorrow's.

Wearable
    Handhelds need to be carried everywhere, so you can get to your information anytime. They must be light and small enough to slip into your pocket or purse without thought.

Expandable
    Feature overload diminishes battery life, adds additional costs, and compromises the wearability and usability of handhelds. Our philosophy is simple. Start with the basics, make them affordable, and let customers add functionality as they see fit. Read the expansions products white paper and FAQ.

Mobile
    Palm™ handhelds are designed to make it easy for you to access your important information no matter where you are or where that information is - on your desktop, on the company server, at home, or on the Web. The Palm VII™ handheld was the industry's first handheld with built-in wireless connectivity to the Internet and intranets combined with easy, out-of-box account activation. Add-on wireless modems are available for other Palm handhelds.

I think that's one of the reasons PCs (and PocketPCs, treos) still sell so well despite what many see as little innovation...the almost limitless expandability...so far it's what I love about the treo 680..they state it's not a PC but that function alone makes it the next best thing so far (not being able to afford a new laptop too might be a factor lol!)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Simple
    There must be no complicated steps between you and your information. You don't have time to fumble with confusing menus and hourglass cursors. On a Palm™ handheld, just touch the Date Book icon and you're on today's agenda. One touch to the scroll button and you see tomorrow's.

Wearable
    Handhelds need to be carried everywhere, so you can get to your information anytime. They must be light and small enough to slip into your pocket or purse without thought.

Expandable
    Feature overload diminishes battery life, adds additional costs, and compromises the wearability and usability of handhelds. Our philosophy is simple. Start with the basics, make them affordable, and let customers add functionality as they see fit. Read the expansions products white paper and FAQ.

Mobile
    Palm™ handhelds are designed to make it easy for you to access your important information no matter where you are or where that information is - on your desktop, on the company server, at home, or on the Web. The Palm VII™ handheld was the industry's first handheld with built-in wireless connectivity to the Internet and intranets combined with easy, out-of-box account activation. Add-on wireless modems are available for other Palm handhelds.

I think that's one of the reasons PCs (and PocketPCs, treos) still sell so well despite what many see as little innovation...the almost limitless expandability...so far it's what I love about the treo 680..they state it's not a PC but that function alone makes it the next best thing so far (not being able to afford a new laptop too might be a factor lol!)
    One obvious problem is that the WM products do not conform to that philosophy. They knew in advance that it would not and, for reasons that we may never fully understand, they decided to do it anyway.

I confess that I do not understand the MS philosophy that requires four clicks for me to consent to the reporting of an error.
    That statement sounds very innovative. So what happened to the innovation, Palm? Was that statement originally made by Handspring? People are always saying they were the true innovators, NOT Palm.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234