I need some advice with a theory I have about outlook and my 650. I have a personal and business calendar on my home computer. I have a business only calendar on my work computer (calendar is on a server for all to see). I would like both my personal and business appointments on my treo, but I don't want my personal appointments on my work computer after I sync.

Example; I add 4 new appointments to the treo, 1 personal and 3 business. When I sync at my office all the new appointments appear in my work computer.

My theory is to create a custom category only in my home outlook, and list all my personal appointments as this new category. When I sync with my work computer, it won't recognize the category and my personal appointments won't be on my work computer. I'll probably get an error message of some kind every time I sync, but I can deal with that. Can anyone tell me why it won't work?
    I too have had this same problem. My answer was using an app called "Beyond Contacts". This is approx a $50 program that pretty much replicates Outlook.

Beyond Contacts will maintain an entirely separate database from the Palm's internal database. You will have 2 entirely separate databases for your contacts, calendar, memos, tasks. For some people, this is a bad thing. However, in your case, it may be the answer you're looking for.

Whatever items you don't want synchronized with your work, you simply go to Custom Hotsynch on the desktop computer and default any items to "Do Nothing".

By the way, the Beyond Contacts email app is pure crap. But the good thing is that you can override this by choosing another different email app.

Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danl View Post
    My theory is to create a custom category only in my home outlook, and list all my personal appointments as this new category. When I sync with my work computer, it won't recognize the category and my personal appointments won't be on my work computer. I'll probably get an error message of some kind every time I sync, but I can deal with that. Can anyone tell me why it won't work?
    You might want to check out Chapura PocketMirror Pro XT. It will allow you to create sub-folders in Outlook, thus one for your personal calender. Then you should be able to set it to sync only on your home computer.