Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    New to the forum. I just got my 700wx last week. I pulled all the data from my wifes PDA that was synced on my PC to my phone. I went through and edited all of the contacts and put the info in the correct fields and added some of my own. I have several contacts that are at the same office, most have a distinct # which I put in as the work phone# I then put the main office# in the company phone# spot. All outgoing calls come out through the company# even if dialed from one of the "work#" phones. The problem I had today is the wife called me from her work# and the caller ID showed the company number as I expected but another contact (first one alphabetically) . Question is is there a way to store the numbers in (so I can dial from a contact) but have it default to somone other that the first one alpabetically (i.e. the wife) so I can assign pictues and specific ring tones? Thanks in advance

Craig
    I think you may be stuck.

How about taking a picture of the building and storing it in a new contact name starting with a punctuation mark that makes it appear first alphabetically such as .Company? Edit the picture with a big question mark before saving in contact. That way you don't have to modify the others.

Let us know what you find out.
    FastFrank
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Ok this is kinda weird. When my wife called me yesterday from work, the company phone number came up with her co-workers name said she was calling from work2 number. (co-workers name is name is Heather H.) I had listed the commpany # in the wrong spot under her name. My wifes name is Lori F the same number is listed in the company# spot in my wifes name. Last evening I edited Heather H's contact file and put the company # in the correct spot. Today the wife called me from work and it came up correctly (Lori F calling from "company #" ) The only contact I edited was Heather H so whats the difference now? I am sure there is a heirerachy to the way the caller ID sorts through the contact list but what is it? Last time I checked F comes before H alphabetically and the company # is listed before the work2 # so what gives? must be some weird way they sort through, any ideas?

Craig
    Maybe your wife is trying to drive you crazy :-)
    FastFrank
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank View Post
    Maybe your wife is trying to drive you crazy :-)
    Indeed. Is the wife or the Treo more likely to lie, now there's a question!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Could be, the wife thinks I am crazy for spending so much time playing with my new phone. As long as it continues to work like it did yesterday, I don't think I am going to mess with it. We will see if she calls today and it displays the same info i think I will just leave it and not get too worried about why.

Craig
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Ok it gets weirder My brother and I both work at the same place our work # is stored uder his name in the "work" field my name in the "work" field my boss's name in the work field and I also created a contact with the company name and the # in the "work" field. Just for info my name is Craig F my brother is Jason F my boss is Steve W and the Company is Randall Automotive. I called my phone from the work phone and the caller ID came up Jason F (w) I did not pick up the call. I accidentally bumped the screen trying to close it and it called the work# back. Now I get a notification of a missed call with Jasons name and picture (have him set up with a pic speed dial as well) I go to my call log and see 1 missed call and 1 outgoing call both to/from the work # but with Steve W as the contact. What gives?????? this is really weird. the caller ID and the notification indicate 1 contact the call log shows another. If I could make some sense of it all I could probabaly figure a work around. But this makes no sense to me. Anyone got any ideas?

Craig
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Ok I found this on Palms website regarding the ring tones for specific callers. It would make sense that it go to the first contact in the list, but mine doesn't appear to be doing this. they all have the default "known caller" ringtone so it is a non issue but I would at least expect it to be consistant across the phone as far as logging the call and the missed call notifications which it is assigning to different contacts for the same number.

From palm site:

The ringtone assigned to a Contact does not play when they call a Treo 700w or 700wx smartphone

You may see this issue if you have multiple contacts with the same user information (in this case, phone numbers) in them. Example: roommates or members of a family that share the same home phone number.

Here's the issue: if different ringtones are assigned to the same telephone number, your Treo 700w/wx smartphone will play the ringtone assigned with the person that appears in the Contacts list first.

This can be resolved by eliminating duplicate contacts, or by assigning the same ring tone to each instance of the phone number.
    Posted a similar thread a couple of years ago....may be some useful info:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=98943
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info I reread the post it does seem to be dependant on how the speed dials are configured. I have since deleted the duplicate contacts and reassigned the speed dials to conform so far so good.

Craig