1.    #1  
    not trying to double post (but, OK, I am), just trying to get some response: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132550

anyone have any feedback on sales related software or applications for the Treo? ACT has something, but I was looking for alternatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    not trying to double post (but, OK, I am), just trying to get some response: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132550

anyone have any feedback on sales related software or applications for the Treo? ACT has something, but I was looking for alternatives.
    I have tried many different apps and perhaps I can offer some suggestions however, I do not know what your specific needs are. Do you want a POS type of order entry? Time and billing?

Roadwarrior
    I use a SQL add-in to Outlook called Prophet 4.0. This comes from a 3rd party developer named Avidian technologies. They also have an very customizable handheld app called Prophet for Palm and within the next week this will be renamed Prophet Mobile and will include the WM 5.0 platform as well as Palm OS. Check this out at www.avidian.com. This is a great application and a great company!

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys - I have a 650 and will probably move to the 700P once the firmware updates come out. We are looking for ways to update customer/prospect accounts from the field - mainly meeting notes and/or to trigger action items/next steps/proposals, etc. instead of waiting until I get to a computer later in the day.

Nautilus - thanks for that one - we are also thinking about moving to 700wx's and having options to look at for both platforms would be a plus.

edit - Nautilus - I am looking at Prophet - it looks pretty sweet. How long have you been using it? Any quirks? I live in Outlook and we are trying to figure out ways to continue in Outlook and share information. www.hyperoffice.com has an Outlook sharing service that replaces in-house Exchange.
    Last edited by bubbatex; 12/29/2006 at 09:31 AM.
    I too want to know how people like Prophet for Palm and/or desktop PC. I just talked to a sales rep and found out that the combination of the Prophet Enterprise + Palm add-on costs approx $400. The integration with Outlook looks very cool.

Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!