1.    #1  
    I understand there's a 680, a 700p, 700w and a 750? Compare them for me in straight-from-the-hip style and who carries which ones? I currently use Sprint and my contract will expire in March. So, I have plenty of time to bargain shop. Are there any too-good-to-pass-up deals out and about?
    If you want to stay on Sprint, your choices are 700P or 700wx. p = Palm OS, wx = Windows. Both support EVDO for high speed data. Both are also offered by Verizon, if you like paying through the nose for data.

Treo 680 is GSM only, Palm OS. Available from Cingular (locked) and direct from Palm (unlocked).

Treo 750 is not officially available yet. It will be from Cingular, and probably direct from Palm. Windows only, and supports HSDPA for high speed data access.

I'm generally pleased with my 700P on Sprint. But if I didn't care about data speeds, I'd stick with a 650.

Do a few searches, or browse the device specific forums, and you'll find everything you need to know.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    If you want to stay on Sprint, your choices are 700P or 700wx. p = Palm OS, wx = Windows. Both support EVDO for high speed data. Both are also offered by Verizon, if you like paying through the nose for data.

Treo 680 is GSM only, Palm OS. Available from Cingular (locked) and direct from Palm (unlocked).

Treo 750 is not officially available yet. It will be from Cingular, and probably direct from Palm. Windows only, and supports HSDPA for high speed data access.

I'm generally pleased with my 700P on Sprint. But if I didn't care about data speeds, I'd stick with a 650.

Do a few searches, or browse the device specific forums, and you'll find everything you need to know.
    very well said. I guess it depends on wanting to stay with Palm OS, and how much you want to pay for data. Sprint, VZW, and Cingular are the main Palm carrying carriers. Sprint has the cheapest data, whereas vzw and cingular are more similar (although Cingular is cheaper if you get the Smartphone Connect/MediaMax 200 internet bundle). I used to own a Treo 650 on Cingular, and I switched back to Windows Mobile and I haven't looked back on the OS. However, the Treo form factor is the one thing I really miss, and finally, I'll have a GSM wm5 Treo to own shortly (hopefully).