1.    #1  
    Not sure if any of you have had any experience with this program, but it's great.

Basically, it's an app. when I type in let's say "starbucks" it will find all local starbucks (with phone numbers and addreses) as well as give me an option to click on it which will open up the browser and give me a map (as well as turn by turn directions).

I'd really like an application like this for my treo 650. Does it exist?

Also, does google map on the treo 650 display satellite ariel shots as well as traffic like it does on the blackberry?

thank you.
    No, I dont have much experience with a SlackBerry, but Directory Assist does a wonderful job of this! Google maps also does this (finds listings) to an extent and provides you with better turn-by-turn directions than DA. Google Maps does have a Satellite view and does display traffic where available.
    Here's one: Text Message Google (46645) with any business name and it will instantly give you results. Include city & state for more specific results. You can also Google types of business such as, cigar store, hardware store, deli, etc. Works great!
    FYI
    Quote Originally Posted by pops3rd View Post
    Here's one: Text Message Google (46645) with any business name and it will instantly give you results. Include city & state for more specific results. You can also Google types of business such as, cigar store, hardware store, deli, etc. Works great!
    FYI
    4INFO also has a FREE app that does much of what ON DEMAND does...provide you with Movie times, news articles, Stocks, Weather, Directions, and of course..YP info! www.4info.net
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm Phil Bogle, author of Berry411. I'm taking a poll to measure the level of interest in porting Berry411 to other devices.

If you're interested, please vote here:

Poll: Berry411 on other phones
    Quote Originally Posted by pbogle View Post
    I'm Phil Bogle, author of Berry411. I'm taking a poll to measure the level of interest in porting Berry411 to other devices.

oh me oh my... this is the ONLY app in the world i miss. Miss it enough to almost switch back to a BB.
    DA - Directory Assistant does what you are looking for.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pbogle View Post

wow, I would be damn happy.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Love84 View Post
    wow, I would be damn happy.
    Forgive the newbie question: Which Treo platform is the best to develop for and will be the most popular in the future-- PalmOS or Windows Mobile?
    Given the current state of affairs, I would have to (reluctantly) say .. Windows Mobile.

You'll have a bigger market too, including non-Palm devices.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  11.    #11  
    Sadly enough he may be right. [b]BUT[/b} I just recently read that Palm shelled out some big bucks to obtain the full rights to the Palm Operating System, and my be reviving it.

Hopefully you'll release a berry411 app for both POS and WM.