1.    #1  
    According to HOFO the 750 has moved to the approval phase. Looks like it could launch very soon now.

http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...&postcount=112
    Launch won't come until the holiday sales end (think the 28th or so). Some reports have the release after New Years, which is also a good bet.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  3.    #3  
    Either way I am golden since my 8525 can be returned anytime between now and the 16th of January! Come to papa Treo 750!!
    Mid january. Like I stated in the post below this in the topics area. MID JANUARY!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    Either way I am golden since my 8525 can be returned anytime between now and the 16th of January! Come to papa Treo 750!!
    You don't love the 8525? I'm just wondering why not.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I know you asked him and not me....but I tried the 8525 and simply could not stand how may steps it took to accomplish the simplest of tasks in WM5 vs. Palm. Yes, I know Palm isn't a true multi-tasking phone, blah blah blah. But I found the 8525 so cumbersome to use that it went back after 3 days and I got a 680.

That said, I am eager to try the 750 just to see if the form factor will increase its useability and/or if Palm has come up phone app for WM5 that will make me change my mind....but then there is that whole Chatteremail thing (it only runs on Palm)...dunno if I can live with Chatter if Flexmail continues to be a buggy mess.
    my personal issue with the 8x25 line and it's setup in general is the annoying slideout keyboard and the number of screen-taps needed to do so many tasks. my next device will absolutely have a front mounted keyboard.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    On the 750 (and 700w, and 700wx) the phone app is really part of the today screen. You can put buttons or images for speeddials into the today screen. Just start typing a name and a list pops-down with possible matches. If no matches it switches to entering the phone number. It actually works better than the way it works in recent Palm OS devices. Read the treocental review of the 700w to see how it works. But for example I have a entry "Kuni BMW" for a company name. In Palm OS, I have to type "Kuni" to get it. On a 750v I can type that or even just "BMW" and it will find it.

Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I know you asked him and not me....but I tried the 8525 and simply could not stand how may steps it took to accomplish the simplest of tasks in WM5 vs. Palm. Yes, I know Palm isn't a true multi-tasking phone, blah blah blah. But I found the 8525 so cumbersome to use that it went back after 3 days and I got a 680.

That said, I am eager to try the 750 just to see if the form factor will increase its useability and/or if Palm has come up phone app for WM5 that will make me change my mind....but then there is that whole Chatteremail thing (it only runs on Palm)...dunno if I can live with Chatter if Flexmail continues to be a buggy mess.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    say this over on the cingular formus......

"I am a Cingular Represenitive and I can tell you for an absolute fact that the Treo 750 should be in your local Cingular stores on the 9th of January 2007. I am a Product Manager at a Cingular store here in St. Robert, MO. and according to my shipping inventory I will be recieveing the phones on the 8th and will be able to sell them to the public NLT the 9th. I am pretty sure if a little backwoods town like St. Robert, MO. will get the phones; so will the big time citys and stores.

By the way I understand that this is just a phone, but something is drawing everyones attention to this product. So wether you agree or disagree with Cingular or Palms method of distribution and advertisment, you have to say they have alot of people talking which is always good! When they stop talking is when you need to worry.

Me personally I don't mind the wait as long as they get it right the first time. Theres nothing worse than buying an anticipated item only to find out that it doesnt live up to billing. Keep your fingers cross and Good luck my fellow Treo Fans, hopefully they get this one right."
    - romello

sounds good to me......can only hope tho........
    " In Palm OS, I have to type "Kuni" to get it. On a 750v I can type that or even just "BMW" and it will find it."

I use TAKEphone and it allows easy searches of company, last name, first name, etc. Their new interface is really very nice - I can scroll my speed dials, type in a search of my contacts, or dial the phone all on one screen, with one hand, and with no stylus!

I think WM5 shows a lot of promise and since MS is finally getting some market penetration (thanks in large part to the deal with Palm) I am hopeful many more apps will become available. I'm not anti-MS or anything like that. But I just haven't seen a WM5 device yet that matches what I can do with my Treo 680 and Chatter along with TAKEphone one-handed without a stylus and without 5 steps just to read and delete a SPAM email. But I am hopeful the Cingular 750 will get us a little closer....

Basically, the day I can do both of these things on a WM5 phone is the day I'll likely make the change as I realize Palm has gotten behind the OS-eight-ball and WM5 shows tremendous potential.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by moderateinny; 12/28/2006 at 12:05 AM.