1.    #1  
    Is Sprint Power Vision their version of evdo?

Is it true that with power vision (evdo) that you can leave the data connection up all of the time and NOT miss phone calls like you would with non-evdo connections?

Thanks.
    Sprint Power Vision is EVDO IF you are in an EVDO coverage area. If you are in one of these areas, calls will cause the data to pause and let the call come through. If you are in a 1x area, active data will override a call.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    [QUOTE][Sprint Power Vision is EVDO IF you are in an EVDO coverage area. If you are in one of these areas, calls will cause the data to pause and let the call come through. If you are in a 1x area, active data will override a call./QUOTE]

I have the Power Vision and this is correct. But, sometimes when I am doing data, and get a text or a call at the same time, I get some resests. Doesnt happen too often, but it does happen.
  4.    #4  
    Is there an indication on the Treo 700 which shows if you are communicating evdo (Power Vision) or just regular Vision?
    Yes, but different phones and carriers show different things. The 700wx and Verizon 700p have a box at the top that is white with an "EV" in the middle of it when you are in an EVDO area. It states "1x" when only in a 1x area. The Sprint 700p shows blue arrows for one speed and green arrows for the other. I can't remember if the green is EVDO or 1x as I no longer have that phone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Sprint is green arrow next to the signal bar if it's getting 1x. Evdo is blue. On EVDO calls go through. 1x calls go to voicemail.
  7.    #7  
    Is there any way to configure the phone so that it only connects to Power Vision (kinda like not letting it 'roam' to 1x) ?? Is that possible?
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante View Post
    Is there any way to configure the phone so that it only connects to Power Vision (kinda like not letting it 'roam' to 1x) ?? Is that possible?
    Yes, the code to force EVDO is:

##EVDO#
    I don't think you want to do that though. Do a search, but I seem to recall a very negative consequence to doing this. Like no phone calls, maybe?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10.    #10  
    I currently have a 1x phone (Treo 650) on a Sprint plan with unlimited Vision. If I switch to a EVDO (Power Vision) phone like the Treo 700, does anyone know if Sprint will charge more for use of the Power Vision network over the standard 'Vision' network?
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante View Post
    I currently have a 1x phone (Treo 650) on a Sprint plan with unlimited Vision. If I switch to a EVDO (Power Vision) phone like the Treo 700, does anyone know if Sprint will charge more for use of the Power Vision network over the standard 'Vision' network?
    depends how much you complain/resist.

I only pay $10 for PowerVision but many others pay $15 (or more).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I don't think you want to do that though. Do a search, but I seem to recall a very negative consequence to doing this. Like no phone calls, maybe?
    Yes. (I remember reading the other thread.) That setting forces your phone into "Only EVDO". With the current version of EVDO, voice calls still go over 1xrtt. Since voice calls go over 1xrtt, and you told your phone to only speak evdo, your voice calls cannot be handled by your handset and hence go to voicemail. You want to leave the setting where it is, so that you can use EVDO for data where it's available. When EVDO is being used for your data, your voice calls are free to use 1xrtt, and "interrupt" (suspend, switch the phone over to 1xrtt) so your phone call can come through.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  13.    #13  
    If I switch to a Sprint Treo 700 from my current Sprint Treo 650, will the Treo 700 just start picking up EVDO (Power Vision) where available? Or, will I need to have my plan changed to allow the Treo 700 to access the EVDO service?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Retentions gave it up for free in my case. They are giving me basic unlimited EVDO for $10. and are crediting my bill $10. That means free.