1.    #1  
    Just curious.

I know some folks review a lot of stuff, so I imagine they end up accumulating a lot of models of the same stuff.

Do you own more than one Treo, released in the past year? If so, why?
    Again, I'm just curious - not trying to change any minds or pass any judgement.
    I have usually sold my prior PDAs, the same will go for the Treo 650 when I move on to the 700P. (1 more month to go on the 2 year contract.)
    Noooooo.....not this question!

I...don't...know...haha

I usually try to sell off my old devices, but sometimes it's nice to have them around for another family member, or just to hoard. Maybe I'll start a museum one day? I don't know. haha
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    when it comes to Palm and Treos any change is a welcome one.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    when it comes to Palm and Treos any change is a welcome one.
    So you buy'em all? Then what do you do with so many models?
    I normally sell my old devices. Have sold my Treo 600 and my Tungsten E2 in the last months.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    I am pretty quick to turn things over once I move on to a new phone. I don't see the point in hanging on to yesterday's technology, even as a backup.

However, I still have an SDA lurking around as my "weekend" tiny phone. (This was a Craigslist acquisition). It certainly isn't up to the task for day-to-day use, despite the custom ROM with push email etc.

The 650 still has legs. It just isn't Crimson Red.
  8.    #8  
    Heh.

I thought the idea of using the leftover smartphone as the gps monitor/display was a neat idea someone had.

I'm torn between selling my 650 after a month or so (to make sure I dig the 700p or whatever I may end up with) and keeping it for the times when my phone may go down.

When I got my 650, I went through a couple of months of having to take it back to Sprint for repair/replacement. During the interim, I was phoneless.

Really an odd feeling after you've gotten used to having a phone around - especially a Treo.

It would've been great to have had a back-up phone (again, especially a Treo).
    Usually when I upgrade phone, I start getting a collection of old phones that I have tried and not liked. Of course this stopped once I moved to the Treo 650. At that point, I had the phones unlocked and sold them on Ebay!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Kept my 650 around because PocketTunes and VeriChat worked better on it, got my 700p for virtually free, and my Sprint plan is as cheap by keeping 650 b/c of certain grandfathering issues on the plan.

Plus, it has the advantage of being able to make/receive calls while using the data features of the other. Sometimes I have to check something online when I get a call.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  11.    #11  
    Intriguing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    Usually when I upgrade phone, I start getting a collection of old phones that I have tried and not liked. Of course this stopped once I moved to the Treo 650. At that point, I had the phones unlocked and sold them on Ebay!!
    I see. Sprint PCS Treo's can't be unlocked, right? (And, conversely, unlocked phones can't be used through Sprint PCS, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Kept my 650 around because PocketTunes and VeriChat worked better on it, got my 700p for virtually free, and my Sprint plan is as cheap by keeping 650 b/c of certain grandfathering issues on the plan.
    Wow.

I'm surprised to hear that PocketTunes works better on the 650 (although I realize that performance sometimes varies by unit.)

Would you mind sharing more details about the "grandfathering? If you'd rather not, thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Plus, it has the advantage of being able to make/receive calls while using the data features of the other. Sometimes I have to check something online when I get a call.
    This, like your previous point, is certainly worth exploration.

I'm not sure that I'd want to keep the 650 on me at all times, but there might be advantages to at least keeping it in the car. Hmmm.

Seems like it'd be a toss-up, though, since the 700p would have faster internet access. One might be tempted to use the 650 as a phone and the 700p for data, but... *brain explodes*

I don't know, but I'm gonna keep chewing on this. Again, very interesting stuff.
    Two 650's. One from Cingular and one from Verizon.

One 700p from Sprint.

All purchased within the last two years.

I have an issue with commitment as far as carriers go.....

Actually I am using none of the Treo's at this time. My employer is making us use Blackberry's right now.
    Last edited by Denny Crane; 12/20/2006 at 08:15 PM.
    Lock and Load!