Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi

    After trying to sort out the calendar for me and my gf for when to visit different family in the holidays, (we dont yet live together so it was done manually over the phone). Anyway I was wondering how other treo users was doing this?

    Sure i can manually choose to send or beam the event or entire category between the phones, but i was hoping for somthing easier, where it all happened magically

    Either the calendar could show up when i syncronize with a desktop computer, or some software on the 2 treos make sure the event is automatically sent to the other user. This could be through sms or email, or ?? But does anyone know of any software that does this?


    I think that Palm and the phone companies could make it easier, alot easier, and possibly for the phone companies earn a little more income, making them more happy, and making their new customers go "WOW, CAN IT MAKE SCHEDULES THIS EASY?"

    Suppose that when ever you make an event, then you can choose participants amoung your contacts, and then this contact is automatically sent email and/or sms with a invitation. This can then be accepted or rejected. If the same person has a Treo, then this is automatically

    Suppose you can have a category that automatically includes one or more of your contacts, so choosing this category will sent invitations to them as well?

    I think the current way needs too many buttons to press.

    Or what about some website, perhaps ontreo.com, or mytreo.palm.com? where treo users can sign up and have a profile and keep your calendar? Which is then automatically synced with your treo?

    I do not think i am the only one who wants to make it easier to keep a shared schedule between family and friends. This might also be an idea for small businesses who can not afford a real exchange solution to syncronize the calendar, and which besides requires that you syncronize the treo with your desktop, but if you are never at home...
  2. #2  
    Hi,

    don't know if this will work for you but check this out : http://www.iambic.com/agenduspremier/palmos/details.asp
  3. #3  
    You can share calenders, doing so will involve setting up a category on each device to show the other's so that they will not interfere with. Ben
  4. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by brichter21 View Post
    Hi,

    don't know if this will work for you but check this out : http://www.iambic.com/agenduspremier/palmos/details.asp
    It looks very nice, but that the cost, $120 just to get started, it is simply just too expensive. (2x $59.95 one for each device).
  5. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    You can share calenders, doing so will involve setting up a category on each device to show the other's so that they will not interfere with. Ben
    The category would be okay, but how do i then share and syncronize the schedules?
  6. #6  
    If you are using the Datebook 6 application, page 75 of the user manual describes the steps necessary. The link to the manual is http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk6-v60a-manual.zip.

    Ben
  7. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    If you are using the Datebook 6 application, page 75 of the user manual describes the steps necessary. The link to the manual is http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk6-v60a-manual.zip.

    Ben
    The price is certainly better, but it is still $56 just to get started.
  8. #8  
    It may be possible with the built in calendar, it is worth a go. Ben
  9. spiVeyx's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    #9  
    My wife and I shared calendars using Apple's iCal application. Works great and it's nearly free
  10. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx View Post
    My wife and I shared calendars using Apple's iCal application. Works great and it's nearly free
    Please tell me more about that? i have a mac as well. How do you do it, set it up and such?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    Suppose that when ever you make an event, then you can choose participants amoung your contacts, and then this contact is automatically sent email and/or sms with a invitation. This can then be accepted or rejected. If the same person has a Treo, then this is automatically
    You're describing iCal. If you're using a Windows computer, Outlook is iCal-enabled - use the CD to change your sync method (yours and hers), and use Outlook instead of Palm Desktop. Make the appointment in Outlook, send it to your fiancee, etc. - on your next sync everything will be on your Treos.
  12. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnacraft View Post
    You're describing iCal. If you're using a Windows computer, Outlook is iCal-enabled - use the CD to change your sync method (yours and hers), and use Outlook instead of Palm Desktop. Make the appointment in Outlook, send it to your fiancee, etc. - on your next sync everything will be on your Treos.
    Nice, but i'd like to by pass the needed sync to the desktop, but i'll probably start with the needed sync to the desktop.
  13. #13  
    Google Sync client will allow you sync your Treo to Google calander. My wife and I sync our Treos several times that way.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
  14. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by leardvr View Post
    Google Sync client will allow you sync your Treo to Google calander. My wife and I sync our Treos several times that way.
    Nice, that might work, except it uses GRPS which will cost more money :-( i guess i can not get around paying somehow.
  15. peejayemm's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #15  
    My wife and I use clearsync to manage our calendars. I have a treo and she doesn't and just uses the desktop calendar to see where I am. It's a great service (though not free) and we've come to depend upon it. Give it a try, there's a 30 day free trial.
    peejayemm
  16. skaorsk8's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #16  
    My wife and had this issue when we were dating. Here's what we used.

    Yahoo Calendar - and Intellisync (100% Free)

    Yahoo Calendar let us invite each other to events, and get them automatically added to our Treos when we accepted the invitation and synced.

    I can help if you need instructions - let me know.

Posting Permissions