1.    #1  
    I love the look of the new 680 (slimmer, lighter, no antenna jabbing me in the groin) but it doesn't look like CDMA is supportable. I've been using a 600p for several years and I'd like to upgrade to faster internet connectivity. Does anyone have suspicions of Verizon US launching a new Palm EV-DO Treo in the next six months along the form-factor of the 680? I don't want to switch to another carrier since Verizon works best in my geographic area.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavaman View Post
    I love the look of the new 680 (slimmer, lighter, no antenna jabbing me in the groin) but it doesn't look like CDMA is supportable. I've been using a 600p for several years and I'd like to upgrade to faster internet connectivity. Does anyone have suspicions of Verizon US launching a new Palm EV-DO Treo in the next six months along the form-factor of the 680? I don't want to switch to another carrier since Verizon works best in my geographic area.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

They very well might...I don't know though. This time last year, there were a lot of rumor about a new device coming out. Seems a lot quieter now.

However, I love my 700p. Some have complained about lag and whatnot. For me, it hasn't been much of a problem. Some minor tweaks and the lag is basically gone. Skips a little on pockettunes, however coreplayer and other mp3 players not at all.

So basically are you saying you want something like the 700p but you just can't get over the fact that it does not have a fully internal antenna?

Jesus. People obsess over that stump like it's some kind of hideous disfigurement.
    Get a 650 (cheap) and install a short antenna from http://treoantenna.com/. See the thread

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=117934
    The 650 is not an answer if he wants EV-DO.

I, too have a Verizon 650. When my contract comes up in a few months, I'd like an EV-Do unit to trade up to. Lag problems on the 700P make me want to wait to see what is next down the Vzn/Palm pipeline. Even a 750-P (if they ever make one- no idea if they will) could be a "no" with the battery drain problem (unless I don't mind a bumped-out batt door for a higher capacity Seido battery). I really could go with the 700P form-factor (with the antenna or they could lose that- doesn't matter to me). I don't need the slimmer 680 P or 750 W model form factor.

The talk about 700 P lags scares me. Doc Buzz has not had too many problems yet?
    Doc- what 3rd party programs are you using? Are you using the new Pocket Tunes 4.whatever? I was wondering if it addressed the skipping issue.
    Last edited by duanedude1; 12/28/2006 at 10:46 AM.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    You know, the lag problem isn't nearly as bad as people make it out. I have the 700P and I only get the lag when I switch from the browser to the phone. Other then that the phone is very zippy. I upgraded from a 600 and I've never looked back. Give it a try for 30 days, return it if not satisfied, don't let the talk of lags scare you, it's really not too bad.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    The only Treo that VZW is getting soon is the 700wx. However, Palm will be releasing another 3-4 handhelds in 07, so I bet at least one or two will be CDMA. I'm guessing a 680 design with 700p insides (meaning no Rev A since Palm OS can't do the requisite simultaneous voice/data) and a WM5 device without the antenna that does EVDO Rev A. Just pure guesses.

GSM users might get something cool, I heard rumors that there will be a true flagship model with all of the bells and whistles later on in 07. I guess everyone will just have to wait and see.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Does anyone have any updated information on the 700wx for Verizon? Last I saw the release was set for the end of January but I've heard that may be pushed back again.