1.    #1  
    Well, that's probably why Palm pushed to get the source license back. Too many damned flip flops... put a damn plan of action in place and follow it. When you look back on the saga of Cobalt and then ALP it's just one management and development misstep after another. And they've wasted so much precious time.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Well, that's probably why Palm pushed to get the source license back. Too many damned flip flops... put a damn plan of action in place and follow it. When you look back on the saga of Cobalt and then ALP it's just one management and development misstep after another. And they've wasted so much precious time.
    So even when they made a mistake of splitting the company, then they should stick to the plan and blindly follow it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    So even when they made a mistake of splitting the company, then they should stick to the plan and blindly follow it?
    And how many times has Palm made a decision, let it go horribly wrong... sold off their software... only to let that go horribly wrong and bring it back in? They've squandered vast amounts of time, talent, and money. Whatever they do, the time is rapidly approaching where Palm either needs to **** or get off the pot. And with WM share rising, they're running out of time to make that decision themselves. Hell, THEY are now selling WM devices... and what the heck does that say about how they feel about their own software? hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by jw68 View Post

This may not affect Palm -- I am operating under the belief that they were creating their own Palm/Linux version. This is why they were silent on ALP's announcement last spring and why they did the recent license deal.

Just an opinion from the 700P PPR.

Cheers, Perry.
    I guess we can hope, if not actually expect, that they have been doing this. It wouldn't seem to make practical sense given their resource constraints. But there are many examples in the industry of skunkworks projects that turned into real products. I dare not go further than this speculation, or you might just have company in the PPR.