1.    #1  
    So... I have the 680. But this isn't about that. It's about a question my new 680 asked me... In one of its orientation programs it asked me to click one of two boxes (mostly to demonstrate just how easy it is to check a box with your stylus). But it wasn't that easy. I was asked to choose which option was the most important to me, to be:

1) HAPPY or 2) SUCCESSFUL

I froze. Sure, I know how to check a box with my stylus. But I paused here. My Treo 680 was asking me to define what each of these are exactly, and to put it into the context of my own life. Sigh.

So I thought about it. I bought the 680 to make me happy (which will likely last until a shinier Treo comes out). I hope it improves my efficiency and that this will make me more successful, but being connected all day, every moment may not exactly make me happy. But can I be successful without being happy? Can I be happy if I'm not a success. And why is my Treo 680 putting me on the spot. I barely even know it yet and already it's making me ponder the very definition of who I am!
    [ ] happy ___ [ ] successful ___[*] stinking rich
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post

ROFL! Crisis resolved...
    You own a treo...think "outside the box" Why choose one over the other...They certainly aren't mutually exclusive.

A pastor I know one preached a sermon entitled..."Rich or Wise...Which would you choose?" My answer was neither. I would choose to be both in equal measure.

Don't let a question or it's answer define you. If you don't like the choices listed see if other choices fit you better.

Is that Existental enough for you?

Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    EXACTLY.

Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    You own a treo...think "outside the box" Why choose one over the other...They certainly aren't mutually exclusive.

A pastor I know one preached a sermon entitled..."Rich or Wise...Which would you choose?" My answer was neither. I would choose to be both in equal measure.

Don't let a question or it's answer define you. If you don't like the choices listed see if other choices fit you better.

Is that Existental enough for you?

I totally agree... The fact is you don't have to choose at all. Actually the TREO allows you to choose BOTH and this is as it should be I think. When you look at the option on the screen, how you see the choice reflects how you view happiness and success (and how you define them).

The bigger picture (as it applies to Treo owners) is will the TREO make you happier and/or more successful?

We've all seen the roller coaster of emotions that this board rides with the release of every new Treo: Anticipation, Ecstasy, Disappointment or Contentment, Anger or Joy, Despair or Satisfaction. This inevitably leads to some level of boredom with our old model as we again transition into Anticipation for the new model waiting just around the corner. Are our Treos really making us happy?

Certainly we're more connected... or are we? Take a look at your local Wifi enabled cafe. If it's anything like mine you'll see 15 or so people not connecting with each other while they stare into a screen presumably connecting with someone else... somewhere else. Treos run the same risk I think. It's too easy to replace more personal communication with this distant sort of connection and a Treo our hands gives us the opportunity to create this distance every moment we hold it. How healthy is that?

A lot has been said and written about being too "connected" to work, less connected in real time, and what it means for our health and spirit. Don't get me wrong, I have loved all my Treos (Yes, I have been on the roller coaster of Treo emotion just like everyone else)... but I think we have to acknowledge the risks and benefits of the Treo culture. They're both very real... and have everything to do with our being:

[ ] Happy [ ]Successful