1.    #1  
    I have a 650 and its not very stable. I talked retention into getting me a BB 8703e for 199 or if that isn't to my liking I can get the treo 700 for 299

I LOVE that it has the sd slot, camera (even if it isn't great resolution) only pay $5 a month for vision opposed to $40 for BB plan

I have heard that BB have better stability than treos

Your thoughts??
    I think *generally the BB will be more stable but you trade off a lot of functionality by going from the treo to the BB.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

If you get the latest firmware, the 650 is very stable, at least with Cingular or the ROW firmware. Many people on this forum will attest to that. Either you have a corrupt file, some naughty 3rd party software, or bad hardware if your 650 is unstable. Or maybe you are out of RAM. How much RAM do you have available?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Palm has a broader 3rd party app base. . . . . . .

What is the 650 doing?
    Clean Install?

Cheers, Perry.
  5.    #5  
    Constantly dropping calls. I took the phone to the sprint repair place today. Went back 2 hours later and they said they are ordering a NEW 650 will be in Fri.

I have the BB coming in Tues/Wed.

I NEED stability. I can try the BB for 30 days if don't like it they will then upgrade to the 700.

not sure what else can be done about that. That is the main problem with the dropped calls. 6-7 a DAY!

****using SPRINTPCS carrier
    Last edited by pdalover; 12/02/2006 at 03:07 PM. Reason: add sprint pcs
    For what it's worth, I just changed from BB to Treo and from Nextel to Sprint precisely because of dropped calls, "system busy, try later"s, and other problems. I'm hoping - when I get the treo figured out - that this will be better.

Maybe the carrier instead of the phone, of course.
    Dropped Calls . . . . . . . I'm confused . . . . that sounds like a network problem. a service area problem or a hardware problem on the specific Treo650 unit in question . . . .rather than instability of the model . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Dropped Calls . . . . . . . I'm confused . . . . that sounds like a network problem. a service area problem or a hardware problem on the specific Treo650 unit in question . . . .rather than instability of the model . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    I have used Dh's treo 650 where I have the biggest area of dropped calls with MY treo 650 and don't have a problem. Also use my DD's flip phone and really don't have problems either.

The other few things I have had problems with sometimes the screen 'freezes' I have to take the battery out and put it back in.
    The other problem is I will be browsing the web and all of a sudden it shuts off and powers back on.

I did take my treo 650 in today to see if they can fix whatever. They told me they are ordereing a new 650 and will be in on Friday.

I have a BB coming in on Tuesday. I guess I will play with the BB for the trial period and see how it is. The retention gal did tell me that if I am not happy with the BB I can upgrade to the treo 700