Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hehehe, guess my lifetime license aint worth so much. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer View Post
    Hehehe, guess my lifetime license aint worth so much. :-)
    lifetime of the product, not your lifetime.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Has anyone noticed that verichat will not keep you connected in SMS mode. I checked this by using another AIM account using my PC and at the same time logged on to Verichat with another account. After about 5 minutes, on my PC I noticed that my other SN was no longer logged on with Verichat.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Has anyone noticed that verichat will not keep you connected in SMS mode. I checked this by using another AIM account using my PC and at the same time logged on to Verichat with another account. After about 5 minutes, on my PC I noticed that my other SN was no longer logged on with Verichat.
    the same thing is happening with using data connection.

because its data, the 650 ketp turning on every 5 minutes to log back on. one reason i didnt install on the 680.

I reported it, but havent heard back. They probably let go all the pdaapps emplyeees who knew how it worked.
    Felipe
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Not me. Just checked: been signed on AIM since 11:15 this morning. No issues.

Running WM5 version though.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    i installed it on my 680 and it has no option under "Always-On" for Use Data connection to keep me logged in all day. It only says SMS, and I have no clue how to set it up. On my 650 it has the option for data use, but not 680...so now i have to find a nother program to keep me logged in...and I still ahve a year left on my service and I can't find my license code
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
    yeah, dead software w/ no support ('cept community, of course) sucks.... as much as the product itself was pretty sweet.
    Have you tried installing the Verichat hack that a TC member created for the 700p? I don't have a 680, but I think it'll work out for the 680 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by employedslacker View Post
    i installed it on my 680 and it has no option under "Always-On" for Use Data connection to keep me logged in all day. It only says SMS, and I have no clue how to set it up. On my 650 it has the option for data use, but not 680...so now i have to find a nother program to keep me logged in...and I still ahve a year left on my service and I can't find my license code
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy8 View Post
    Have you tried installing the Verichat hack that a TC member created for the 700p? I don't have a 680, but I think it'll work out for the 680 as well.
    Nope. That doesnt work either. I tried the hack for treo700p and the one from my treo650. Both not working for "Always on" option with data. Only option you get when "always on" enabled is through SMS.
    Can someone find a way fix this?? I feel so left out
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Nope. That doesnt work either. I tried the hack for treo700p and the one from my treo650. Both not working for "Always on" option with data. Only option you get when "always on" enabled is through SMS.
    Can someone find a way fix this?? I feel so left out
    be sure you delete the 2 left over files verichat creates.

-I cant remmeber from the top of my head but it was something like VerichatUtils and VerichatBrowser (something like that)

So delete ALL Verichat files, and resync the VerichatRunslike650 file (found in the 700p forum)

caveat: I am a 700p owner, so not sure if it works, but its worth a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    be sure you delete the 2 left over files verichat creates.

-I cant remmeber from the top of my head but it was something like VerichatUtils and VerichatBrowser (something like that)

So delete ALL Verichat files, and resync the VerichatRunslike650 file (found in the 700p forum)

caveat: I am a 700p owner, so not sure if it works, but its worth a shot
    Hi,
    Yes it works. I am soooooooo happy (till August 2007, thats when my license expires and I hope someone hack it for good or make better program similar to verichat).
    Follow this link my fellow Treo680 users for the time being. This hack works if specific instructions are followed.
    Program you WILL need is at this link:
    http://trials.palmgear.com/dl2.php/9992.zip/FileZ68.zip
    And instructions and hacked verichat that works on Treo680 is at this link:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=240
    Happy chatting guys
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    There are websites such as palmgear.com that are still selling Verichat. If you were to buy it there, do you still get the 1 year license?
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
    What about IM+ ... looks like a possible option... Heck. Somewone should buy verichat from IntellaSync - make some big buckaroos...

-CK
    If I had a software company. Let's say Mantra Group or any of the chat software companies I would buy Verichat in a heart beat. I don't think they are losing money with Verichat. They just have their heads on something else and most likely don't have a PalmOS developer at this time to spend the time working on it. What a waste of software.... COME ON ANYBODY... SAVE VERICHAT FROM DYING...!!!

Al
    What I'd love to see, is Google to step up to the plate and make a GoogleTalk client for PalmOS. I'd be willing to limit myself to this single service if it was good enough of a client.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    What I'd love to see, is Google to step up to the plate and make a GoogleTalk client for PalmOS. I'd be willing to limit myself to this single service if it was good enough of a client.
    GoogleTalk is just Jabber/XMPP. You can connect to your googletalk account with Chatopus.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_memory View Post
    GoogleTalk is just Jabber/XMPP. You can connect to your googletalk account with Chatopus.
    Or with Causerie
    You don't see it often, and it is amazing. A profitable, market leading product, that has a loyal following, being acquired and killed off. Everyone I know (both work and personal), had a Verichat license for the past couple years, and that numbers 1,000 plus.

Nokia really just wanted to buy a company and shut it downm Why? I'm still trying to figure out the logic in that, as the product were not competitors to them.

Really a shame...I guess we can just move to Windows and use MSN chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    You don't see it often, and it is amazing. A profitable, market leading product, that has a loyal following, being acquired and killed off. Everyone I know (both work and personal), had a Verichat license for the past couple years, and that numbers 1,000 plus.

Nokia really just wanted to buy a company and shut it downm Why? I'm still trying to figure out the logic in that, as the product were not competitors to them.

Really a shame...I guess we can just move to Windows and use MSN chat.
    Intellisync purchased Verichat about 1.5 years ago. Intellisync had also aquired a few other companies changing it's business model, especially Synchrologic (Verizon Wireless sync is a rebranded version). They merged quite a few technologies into their Enterprise software. How many consumer licenses do you think that Verichat has? 10-20 thousand tops? That is 250-500K in income per year. That is a nice chunk of change, but when you think that Nokia has revenue's in the many multi billion dollar range per year this is a minor amount. Sure nickels make dimes, but then they have to pay to develop or support it the profitability drops. Nokia was interested in other portions of Intellisync when they purchased the company, but Verichat was not one of them and thus they are shutting it down. It would be nice if somebody could step up to the plate because there is a nice market for consumer IM, but nobody has figured out a way to make a super profitable version yet.

Just my $0.02.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsprouse View Post
    Intellisync purchased Verichat about 1.5 years ago. Intellisync had also aquired a few other companies changing it's business model, especially Synchrologic (Verizon Wireless sync is a rebranded version). They merged quite a few technologies into their Enterprise software. How many consumer licenses do you think that Verichat has? 10-20 thousand tops? That is 250-500K in income per year. That is a nice chunk of change, but when you think that Nokia has revenue's in the many multi billion dollar range per year this is a minor amount. Sure nickels make dimes, but then they have to pay to develop or support it the profitability drops. Nokia was interested in other portions of Intellisync when they purchased the company, but Verichat was not one of them and thus they are shutting it down. It would be nice if somebody could step up to the plate because there is a nice market for consumer IM, but nobody has figured out a way to make a super profitable version yet.

Just my $0.02.
    i agree that verichat is probably too small for them to continue with it.

but, I also use GroupWise Mobile which is based in larle part on intellisync IP. On one of the Groupwise news groups, it has been written that Im will be part of a future release.

It makes sense because the latest couple of versions of GW have had an IM client as an option.

If true, that they want to give they same functionality to there mobile service, they will probably use IP from pdaapps.

now, verichat may not be big enuf for nokia to keep around, but what about the old owners of pda apps. I'm sure they had to sign sone non compete paper, but that cant last forever.

would they consider jumping back into an IM client for mobiles?

one can hope.

btw, I just installed "runs like the 650" (is that an american indian name?) and will use it until I no longer can.

it keeps tuning on the 680 to reconnect. ;(
    Felipe
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast