1.    #1  
    Despite the number of posts on 680 & 750 functionality and specs, much of these are dated and may not reflect these products accurately. With the release of the 680 today, we can at least pin down specs on this model. I am hoping to harness the intellectual horsepower of this forum's users to get an updated 750 spec sheet so I can decide whether to purchase a 680 today, or wait for the 750 to come-out, when-ever that may be.

Earlier posts cite the 750 will be different in several ways:
    WM
    Lower screen resolution
    HSPA (acronym??) service instead of just EDGE
    wi-fi?

Are these comparisons still valid? Am I missing anything? With less speculation as to the model specs, why would you purchase a 750 over a 680? Thanks for your feedback.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    The 680 & 750 are both officially announced and released.

You can get your questions answered from the horse's mouth (i.e. Palm).

If you can't see the info on the 750 (e.g. because you are in the US), go to the europe version of their site.

Short answers, however:

Neither has WiFi
    750 is 240x240 screen while 680 is 320x320
    The 3G support distinguishes the 750 for those on Cingular [but not T-Mobile ]
    That acronym you are looking for is HSDPA, but note that the 750 currently only claims support for UMTS (with many rumors of a software upgrade to support HSDPA to allow higher transfer speeds as well as simultaneous voice and data )
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by edmc View Post
    The 680 & 750 are both officially announced and released.

You can get your questions answered from the horse's mouth (i.e. Palm).

If you can't see the info on the 750 (e.g. because you are in the US), go to the europe version of their site.

Short answers, however:

Neither has WiFi
    750 is 240x240 screen while 680 is 320x320
    The 3G support distinguishes the 750 for those on Cingular [but not T-Mobile ]
    That acronym you are looking for is HSDPA, but note that the 750 currently only claims support for UMTS (with many rumors of a software upgrade to support HSDPA to allow higher transfer speeds as well as simultaneous voice and data )

Thanks for the reply. So essentially, the we are still speculating on both the US release date of 750 on Cingular, as well as a software upgrade for HSDPA service. Is there an updated opinion as when the Cingular release will occur now that 680 has been released?
    I have to say that you can get wifi for the 750(at least the ones from Vodafone had this option) if you use a wifi mini-sd card. It's seems to be a bit of a hassle to use them, but it's the only way. There are posts in the 750 forum about it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The 680 is basically a 650 refresh. Refined design, no antenna, updated apps and a smaller battery.

The 750v is basically a GSM version of the 700wx, with the same design refinements as the Treo 680. It has miniSD instead of SD, UMTS (upgradeable to HSDPA) and WM5.
    I agree with the above comment on the 680. Basically a refined 650. I dont see why these 2 are being cmpared.