1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum, however, I just got my Treo... The sales associate who sold my Treo to me handed me a business card to TreoWebinar.com...has anyone had any experience with this site? It seems like they offer a tutorial about how to use the Treo... I am more of a DIY kind of guy so I think I will try to tackle this beast myself...what is the best resource everyone looks to for Treo information and advice? Any tutorials people recommend? Thanks.

Nate
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    What model Treo did you get?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    What model Treo did you get?
    I have the Treo 700p...so what is the easiest way to learn this thing? Thanks!
    Read the manual and explore...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Look at the "stickies"! These are threads that always stay put at the beginning of each subject area. Most questions yo have will be answered there, or can be found here by a search. Not familiar with the site you mentioned, but any help as long as they dont charge you is good, right?
    Get rid of it
    The best way to get information on the 700P is to do your searches in this forume. There is tons of information on the 700P from applications that work to applications that do not work. Congrats on the 700P...
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
  8.    #8  
    has anyone ever been to TreoWebinar.com? I registered it and it has seemed to be pretty easy-to-use as far as gettign the basics of the Treo down....
    Quote Originally Posted by nienkaylo View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum, however, I just got my Treo... The sales associate who sold my Treo to me handed me a business card to TreoWebinar.com...has anyone had any experience with this site? It seems like they offer a tutorial about how to use the Treo... I am more of a DIY kind of guy so I think I will try to tackle this beast myself...what is the best resource everyone looks to for Treo information and advice? Any tutorials people recommend? Thanks.

Nate
    I spent 15 minutes a day glancing at the highlights here at tc. And now Im a bona fide treo genius!!!
    Do a clean install if you are upgrading from a prior PalmOS device.

Cheers, Perry
    Hey Perry, how ya doing?,,,,,,,,the daughter got the 700,,,, WOW!!!
    A reward for her countless hours of hard work at school and on homework. Straight A's for having ADD is not too shabby!
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/24/2006 at 01:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    A reward for her countless hours of hard work at school and on homework. Straight A's for having ADD is not too shabby!
    Awesome DAD you are Perry. My 11 yearold daughter has the same problem and she is doing quite well in school and I am also proud of her...thats why mom and I are getting her a Laptop for Christmas. Whats weird is the kid is a genius on a computer or any type of gadget/device. Her mom and I are wondering if it has to do with just lack of interest because she is smart when it comes to things she likes. She actually hacked into my Treo and surfs the web, sends email to her friends, makes calls and constantly changes my wallpaper along with setting up her own email account on versemail...goodness, until this day I still haven't got out of her why and how she started her own account with yahoo on my device, but we had a hell of a time getting her interested in school...go figure She has known how to use a computer since 6 years old and is quite fluent to date loading programs, setting up her own folders, deleting programs she doesn't want...she even figured out how to turn of Parental control along with finding out dad's password just to see if she could do it she says. Some may wonder why I have little patients with the threads that start with "I am a new Treo user...what do I do?" She wants a Treo since she loves mine but I want to wait until she is older, so I let her use mine off and on...Funny, I know she's old enough for a laptop but not a Treo...I just think she is too young to be dangling it around at school or wherever...the laptop will stay at home.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Sound like you have a future hacker on you hands
    HI K!!

The laptop will serve her well in her school work. Microsoft Encarta or Britannica! Abbey lives in MSWord and Publisher. Spell check is a godsend for her.

Sounds like she is going to keep you young K!

Cheers, Perry
    Another excellent example of daddy wrapped around little girl's finger. It seems to be ... it affects dad's and daughters. I have three sons and it is not that different.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Awesome DAD you are Perry. My 11 yearold daughter has the same problem and she is doing quite well in school and I am also proud of her...thats why mom and I are getting her a Laptop for Christmas. Whats weird is the kid is a genius on a computer or any type of gadget/device. Her mom and I are wondering if it has to do with just lack of interest because she is smart when it comes to things she likes. She actually hacked into my Treo and surfs the web, sends email to her friends, makes calls and constantly changes my wallpaper along with setting up her own email account on versemail...goodness, until this day I still haven't got out of her why and how she started her own account with yahoo on my device, but we had a hell of a time getting her interested in school...go figure She has known how to use a computer since 6 years old and is quite fluent to date loading programs, setting up her own folders, deleting programs she doesn't want...she even figured out how to turn of Parental control along with finding out dad's password just to see if she could do it she says. Some may wonder why I have little patients with the threads that start with "I am a new Treo user...what do I do?" She wants a Treo since she loves mine but I want to wait until she is older, so I let her use mine off and on...Funny, I know she's old enough for a laptop but not a Treo...I just think she is too young to be dangling it around at school or wherever...the laptop will stay at home.
  17.    #17  
    Okay so I have been doing a ton of reading on this site and there is definitely a lot of good info. I also finished the TreoWebinar.com thingy and it provided a lot of good info in a very easy to follow format. Thanks everyone for their help, I think I am well on way now... if anyone hasn't checked out TreoWebinar.com thingy yet and they are new to the Treo, I higly recommend it.
    Is this just a shill/plug for the webinar site?
    Coming atcha from Phil a del phi a

Nokia 6160 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Treo 700p
    Hmmm...$14.95 vs free....hmmmm...... I'll stick with treocentral!