1.    #1  
    No mail is coming through "fastmail.fm". I have sent several TEST messages and none show up at fastmail.fm??
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Oh no...not again. It looks like there is an issue with robot computers sending spam and attacking smtp servers at email hosts. This happened with fusemail last week and it is now happening with fastmail. It looks like fastmail is at least trying to come up with a defense strategy. I am not surprised if you are experiencing downtime given October's 4 day hiatus.

http://blog.fastmail.fm/
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Well at least this time it's not due to equipment failure. It's still frustrating though.

EDIT: Seems to be back up for me now.
    Last edited by MarkY; 11/20/2006 at 03:02 PM.
  4.    #4  
    This sucks.. I went 4+ days last month due to an "issue" and now I am 3 days and counting with no service..

I guess it's time to kiss my $14.95 good by and sign up with fusemail.

I heard fusemail is a great replacement

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  5.    #5  
    The e-mails are just now arriving (from Sat). It seems to be caught up but is still 30mins behind.

Most times my treo gets messages BEFORE my PC. Now my treo is 30 mins later.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to you Fastmail
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    This sucks.. I went 4+ days last month due to an "issue" and now I am 3 days and counting with no service..

I guess it's time to kiss my $14.95 good by and sign up with fusemail.

I heard fusemail is a great replacement

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Kerrys914 -

I was a 2 yr customer of fastmail and last month's 4 days down convinced me to open a fusemail account. Fusemail worked flawlessly for me until 10 days ago when I suffered 1 day of 10hr email delays. The following 3 days I had delays ranging from 0 to 15 minutes. I started emailing tech support (shocker - they get back to you right away when you open a trouble tix). By the next day they had resolved the problem and my emails were coming in instantly. I have had no other problems with Fusemail since then.

The problem that both Fusemail and Fastmail had was massive SMTP attacks. The technical minds at Fusemail reacted better to the problem then Fastmail if you ask me. I don't hold it against Fusemail for this last wave of attacks as everyone suffered. Now that Fusemail is working perfectly again I am extremely happy.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
  7.    #7  
    I am using emailtreo.com for now. So far MUCH better the fastmail.fm. I am just sorry I wasted the $14+ on fastmail
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Emailtreo.com is a good choice. Marc Blank recommends it but I went for Fusemail as the economics are a bit better (more economical for storage). I think both are good choices.