Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    A clamshell Treo?? Smaller than the 7135!! Could this happen???

What do you think??
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I was so happy to get away from the clamshell devices due to the broken cover syndrome so common with them. Going back to one is something I have no interest in. Ben
    I loved my SPH-i500. I wish they came out with the next version. Too bad Samsung and Sprint dropped it.
    wow might have to pick up a m70 as a spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    A clamshell Treo?? Smaller than the 7135!! Could this happen???
    I want one NOW! (I also had a 7135...)
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Another wanderer has returned
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior View Post
    No keyboard I can live with, but no touchscreen....? Also, from the given dimensions one can do the trigonometry and estimate a screen area of 2.32 square inches vs. 3.12 on the Treo - quite a difference considering the Treo screen area is barely adequate for a PDA/Smartphone IMHO...
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    what network is that on and, I didnt see BlueTooth in the specs. Does it have it?

Is it available in the US?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    Antonie,

Can this be bought?? What carrier? I didn't see a buy button on the page.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Hey guys.. I have a nice "gently used" clamshell Treo for you... It's my old 270. It rocks.. and I'll give you a smoking deal!!!
    There is no such thing as a clamshell treo and clamshell do not have lids!!!

A clamshell is a device that has half of its components on either side of a hinge.

A flip phone has almost all its components on one side of a hinge with the lid or cover most commonly housing a clear shield and speaker. The flip design is commonly weak.

The clamshells are not weak.

I loved, loved, loved my 7135 and have been waiting 5 years for a replacement.

We had a user here at TC that had the explore that Antoine linked to http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?p=799275 I was all hyped up but after chatting with Dimitria about it for a bit it seemed like a bad idea.
    Yeah, I still have my Xplore M98, but I still have not been able to get any accessories like a docking station. I too, still hold out hope for the eventual Palm OS Treo Clamshell...

I will likely replace my M98 with an unlocked 680, but I was hoping that TMo would offer them at a discount with contract. I have to be on TMo.
    Seattle Area Realtor - www.atruehome.com
    www.Ragnaroc.org
    The 7135 I had was a solid device and ran most Palm apps of its day, though I hated the flip - it was in the way all the time. I up'd to the 300 and the same, never broke the lid, though my wife did twice. I was happy when the 600 came out and no lid no longer. Ben
    Demitria, nice to see you.... How in the world did you know we were talking about you?

I am beside myself in disbelief that a good clamshell has not made it to the US. The Samsung i505 the i550 the rover, the universal, and a dozen others and none of them make it here....... even though every poll I have ever seen says that most want a clamshell http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=1113
    My ears were burning...

Plus I saw the Kyo part and new EXACTLY what you were talking about. I never owned a Kyocera, but I would have, had I known about them at the time.

I have had multiple people approach me in restaurants and stores while I was using my phone. They were very interested in the design and capabilities.
    Seattle Area Realtor - www.atruehome.com
    www.Ragnaroc.org
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ^You and me both, buddy. Now if this thing will ever see the light of day, I'll be as happy as a clam(shell)
    DJ

"How about I take it to the next level"
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    ... I didnt see BlueTooth in the specs. Does it have it?
    NO BLUETOOTH. I believe I read that the external memory card was only available up to 512mb.

http://www.brighthand.com/?newsID=2451

Scroll down to find phone in link.