1.    #1  
    This thread is dedicated to praising positive customer service experiences with Hardware & Software companies and sharing any bad experiences you may have had with a company.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a ranting thread. Simply sharing your non emotional experiences that may help others make an educated buying decision when there there are several options available.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 11/16/2006 at 01:11 PM.
  2.    #2  
    I have a Proporta case for my PPC-6600. It had an odd sized belt clip "hook". I lost my clip and none of the others clips I had that looked like they should fit did. I wrote to them explaining that due to their odd sized, I could not find another belt clip to buy and asked how I can order a couple more and how much.

One week later brand new standard sized "hooks" and clips showed up in my mailbox. They sent me two new ones for FREE!!! Not even any shipping charges since it was coming from UK to US.

Not only for their above average case design, but also for their customer service, I WOULD RECOMMEND WWW.PROPORTA.COM TO ANYONE.
  3.    #3  
    If you are looking to buy a BT GPS receiver or GPS software then I would personally recommend:

http://www.semsons.com

I have purchased from them several times and they have always offered great communication and resolution to any concerns.
    I can't think of any amazing customer service memories at the moment. However, below is a link to one of my favorite databases. It lists many companies and their phone numbers, as well as the quickest way to get in touch with a human while on the phone. Who likes talking to machines?

Over 500 companies are listed. This is a definite bookmark.

http://www.gethuman.com/us/

Apple.
    Amazing customer service. I never had to wait very long to speak to a tech advisor; they bump you up a level without complain; they speak english and are incredibly courteous.
    When UPS lost my in warranty 4g 40gb monochrom ipod on its way back to me, Apple replaced it with a brand new 5g 60b video. They even let me pick what color I wanted.

Remote Protect
    A great security program that allows remote wiping of a Treo. Incredible service ironing out bugs in a couple of versions of the software. A very friendly staff; absolutely own problems and work tirelessly to figure them out and make the customer happy; promptly returns emails Best software tech service I've ever experienced.

Palm.
    Just about the worst service I've ever experienced. Waits are too long; reps don't seem to care or take ownership of problems. Resist passing problems ups the chain for resolution. Passes the buck to Verizon.
    When palm lost my <1 week old device, they didn't even know they had done it. It took months of letters and phone calls before I finally got someone who refunded my money. They didn't seem to understand a refurb for a brand new model wasn't a fair swap. I swore I'd never own another palm, but it's hard to beat a Treo. At least it's not palm os.
    Surprisingly any problems I've had w/ the 700w have been solved by Verizon, not Palm.
    I can't say enough nice things about Nutshell's customer service. From making & sending a custom replacement (at no extra charge) to their great 3 yr warranty replacement policy (which I've also used) they have been most accommodating.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEJustin View Post
    I can't think of any amazing customer service memories at the moment. However, below is a link to one of my favorite databases. It lists many companies and their phone numbers, as well as the quickest way to get in touch with a human while on the phone. Who likes talking to machines?

Over 500 companies are listed. This is a definite bookmark.

http://www.gethuman.com/us/
    Agreed and done. Thanks.
    OnStar has really, really good customer service. I generally get some good natured wise-cracking, very little upsell when I buy cellphone minutes - I have had atleast a dozen transactions with them, and their customer service people are always a pleasure to deal with - I half expect that if I ever needed the emergency service that the rep who contacted me would have some wiseass remark about whether or not I planned to keep the deer I hit for the meat...
    I have had excellent experiences with Audible, Proporta, and a great variety of shareware authors over the years. I have found Amazon customer service to be among some of the best I've ever encountered.

David
    AOL customer service sucks!

Sprint customer service sucks!
    Len McGuirk, RealtorŪ
    Prudential Real Estate - Las Vegas
    Buying, selling, just thinking about it?
    www.LasVegasUpscale.com
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
    Sprint customer service sucks!
    There are times I would have to fully agree.....but the key is to know how to play them. If your contract is up or just about up...retentions can do wonders for you.

If a CS rep is not doing what you would like them to do...."accidentally" disconnect your self and call right back. I have been with Sprint for 9 years or so now. They have cerainly screwed up on my account before...mostly just on the bill after I buy a phone or changed my plan. But I can honestly say that they have always finally falling in favor of me and then some.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    There are times I would have to fully agree.....but the key is to know how to play them. If your contract is up or just about up...retentions can do wonders for you.

If a CS rep is not doing what you would like them to do...."accidentally" disconnect your self and call right back. I have been with Sprint for 9 years or so now. They have cerainly screwed up on my account before...mostly just on the bill after I buy a phone or changed my plan. But I can honestly say that they have always finally falling in favor of me and then some.
    Is the retentions department that good? I am waiting until I am fully prepared to talk to them and have all my ammo lined up on the phone.
    Len McGuirk, RealtorŪ
    Prudential Real Estate - Las Vegas
    Buying, selling, just thinking about it?
    www.LasVegasUpscale.com