Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I heard from someone I know (a power treo Treo 650 user) who recently met a senior marketing director of Palm that there will be a MEGA replacement for the treo 650 towards the middle of 2007 that "would make him very happy".
    Where is the Linkage?...sources?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    The 650 has already been replaced with the 700P and 680
    I know some guy that is related to the guy that ate dinner in the same restaurant as Ed Colligan. They were sitting on opposite sides of the restaurant but the guy swears that the next Treo will have WiMAX, Wifi, 3G, a 3.2mp Camera with REAL flash, and a 20gb HDD.

This is fun!
    Oh no! Here we go again! And the 680 and 750 haven't even been released yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    I heard from someone I know (a power treo Treo 650 user) who recently met a senior marketing director of Palm that there will be a MEGA replacement for the treo 650 towards the middle of 2007 that "would make him very happy".
    Its called Crossbow hehehe

Surur
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy Treo rumors.

I do believe there will be new phones next year (I mean, from a business standpoint, there have to be, if Palm still wants to be in the game, so to speak; they can't release four phones one year and do nothing the next). I'm waiting patiently (lie) for a CDMA 750-equivalent device, personally.
    Last edited by laurenke; 11/12/2006 at 01:17 PM.
    I like the implication that Palm might be taking back control over the OS(the story on the front page of TC). It's about time!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    If they win this new lawsuit they might earn back some of the customers they lost.
    They've got to innovate beyond the Treo 600 form factor some day. I mean, they can't be thinking they'll stick with only that 'til the end of time...
  11. SG2
    Yeah, I overheard the same conversation. It's scheduled for release on May 21, 2007 and is to be called the Treo Rio 9000 XLT. It has a hidden keyboard, voice recognition, fingerprint id scanner, wifi, bluetooth, and all of that stuff, has a 80G HD, can burn mini DVD's, and is smaller than the size of the current treo. Oh, and price...supposed to be only $125. Yup, almost believable.
    Quote Originally Posted by SG2 View Post
    Yeah, I overheard the same conversation. It's scheduled for release on May 21, 2007 and is to be called the Treo Rio 9000 XLT. It has a hidden keyboard, voice recognition, fingerprint id scanner, wifi, bluetooth, and all of that stuff, has a 80G HD, can burn mini DVD's, and is smaller than the size of the current treo. Oh, and price...supposed to be only $125. Yup, almost believable.
    No way it has WiFi.
    I just put a deposit on for yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    No way it has WiFi.
    LOL!!

Someone at Palm should print out your post and pin it up on their cubicle. Classic.
    Oh now thats descriptive.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    LOL!!

Someone at Palm should print out your post and pin it up on their cubicle. Classic.
    That's how you spot a fake rumor from a real rumor.
  17.    #17  
    Source is very reliable. Time will tell.
    If they would just add the fake vinyl wood side panels that used to be common on the early 1970's Ford LTD station wagons, I'll be the first in line to buy it.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    .........................the middle of 2007
    So that means around July 2008 for us in Europe
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    So, what if what is coming in mid-2007 is the software ROM patch for the 700P, making it finally the best Palm OS upgrade for the 650?

And as for the other story...only a 80GB HD? Unacceptable! We need at least a couple terrabytes or it's "No Deal, Howie!"

"Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast