Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    damn and all Im hoping for is for them to add a rubber nub to the center of the 5 way.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Will there ever be a Palm Os Treo again?
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    Unless they upgrade the PalmOS, I don't see a need for any PalmOS phones beyond the 680. With the push for 3g data speeds with simultaneous voice, the current PalmOS cannot deliver.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Unless they upgrade the PalmOS, I don't see a need for any PalmOS phones beyond the 680. With the push for 3g data speeds with simultaneous voice, the current PalmOS cannot deliver.
    Palm OS can, however, on the CDMA side of things. Rev. A, though, probably not, since like UMTS, that has simultaneous voice and data.
    I hope the transition for PalmOS will be similar to the transition that Apple managed to OS X. Evolve. Keep the best of the past and add. If Palm can keep the best of the current Palm UI and add the technical underpinnings that Garnet lacks, well . . . . I'd buy one. Yeah, WM5 is fine and all. But I'm 0 for 3 in WM5 phones and keeping them (MDA, SDA, Dash). I like the Palm UI.
    They will keep making 650 "Special Editions" will into 2009.
    Palm OS can what? Palm OS cannot do simultaneous voice and data. That's why there isn't a 750p. EVDO-A will require simultaneous voice and data. While I still like Palm OS better than WM5, it just can't deliver on the new data protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by laurenke View Post
    Palm OS can, however, on the CDMA side of things. Rev. A, though, probably not, since like UMTS, that has simultaneous voice and data.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I'd love for Palm to do this. Somehow I have the feeling that Access won't do this (no matter what they say). All the ALP stuff shown so far (which is very little) looks nothing like the Palm OS except when they run Memos in emulation.

Palm themselves can't do this unless they get Access to license the rights of Palm OS back to them. Neither scenario makes me very hopeful at this point. However it's certainly possible that Palm could develop a new Linux based OS with a "modern" version of the old Palm UI in order to avoid issues with Access. But it would have to require all new apps and offer no backwards compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I hope the transition for PalmOS will be similar to the transition that Apple managed to OS X. Evolve. Keep the best of the past and add. If Palm can keep the best of the current Palm UI and add the technical underpinnings that Garnet lacks, well . . . . I'd buy one. Yeah, WM5 is fine and all. But I'm 0 for 3 in WM5 phones and keeping them (MDA, SDA, Dash). I like the Palm UI.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Palm OS can what? Palm OS cannot do simultaneous voice and data. That's why there isn't a 750p. EVDO-A will require simultaneous voice and data. While I still like Palm OS better than WM5, it just can't deliver on the new data protocols.
    I know; that's what I was saying. Palm OS can do EVDO Rev. 0 but not Rev. A. Sorry you misunderstood me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I like the implication that Palm might be taking back control over the OS(the story on the front page of TC). It's about time!!
    I could find no comfort in that story. Sounded to me like they did not have a clue. One had to be extremely hopeful to reach any positive conclusion from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I know some guy that is related to the guy that ate dinner in the same restaurant as Ed Colligan. They were sitting on opposite sides of the restaurant but the guy swears that the next Treo will have WiMAX, Wifi, 3G, a 3.2mp Camera with REAL flash, and a 20gb HDD.

This is fun!
    yeah...i was there also. i talked to ed in the bathroom and he told me the next palm would be able to walk dogs also!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    The first one will ship shortly and be called 680
    I guess we can expect a blacktie edition of the 680 to be rolled out in 2008
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    .........680 to be rolled out in 2008
    Don't go there!

Perry, where are you? Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    hopefully in 2009 palm adds wi fi, but i doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    The first one will ship shortly and be called 680

ouch...
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Don't go there!

Perry, where are you? Help!

People, People, People. . . .

Treo 900P by February 29, 2008.
    Palm/Linux OS
    I win $25 from dstrauss.

The PPR for this event will not be open until July of 2007. . . .

Last edited by gtwo; 11/14/2006 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    People, People People. . . .

Palm/Linux OS
    I win $25 from dstrauss.

ROTFL
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    People, People, People. . . .

Palm/Linux OS
    I win $25 from dstrauss.

So, you are lurking about...
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Had to re-charge the batteries. . . . .

Also, took some time to look at new drapes for the PPR . . . . . need to spruce up a little before the next go-around. . . . . .
    My absolutely appropriate avatar has arrived in this thread.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast