1.    #1  
    I may be the last person on earth who doesn't have an portable mp3 player, and I think it's time to change my unique status.

I understand that the Treo 650 can play mp3s, and since I do own a Treo 650 I figure I might as well put it to use.

Will the trao sound as good as an ipod?

What's the easiest way to tap into the Treo's inner ipod? What software and hardware do you recommend? Although I enjoy the occasional bit of music, I'm also on a budget, so freeware is preferred, and hardware that costs more than the Treo itself wouldn't be a good fit for me.

So far I already have a 2 gig s card, and a selection of my favorite mp3s.

Thanks for your opinions!
    Get an adapter so you can use your stereo earbuds: $10, including shipping.

You can use the Realplayer app, or I think TCPMP will play them: Free
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Your treo650 should have come with RealPlayer and this program will play mp3's.
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
    Real player is ok. Pocket Tunes is better. Get a cheap card reader to drag your mp3's to the memory card. That 2g should hold 400+ songs and you definitly want that stereo adapter.