Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Hi

I guess this is a feature suggestion for future treo's.

I have seen other phones from other manufactures comming with a built in GPS device and possibly some map. However since the phone has built in bluetooth it would be nice if one could use the future treo as a bluetooth GPS device for laptops and PDA's and such with a bigger screen than the one the treo comes with.
    You can get a Sirf3 GPS receiver for 60 you know.
    Using a little redirector app this is possible already with any WM device with built-in GPS.

Surur
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Using a little redirector app this is possible already with any WM device with built-in GPS.

Surur
    Oh, how nice, now we just need a treo with built in GPS.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    You can get a Sirf3 GPS receiver for 60 you know.
    Great thats another device i have to carry arround, i'd rather have it in my phone, and when i need the big screen i can connect the phone to my computer.

I want a GPS in my phone and a compass so i can mark where i parked my car and have my phone pointing the direction and show me the distance to my car. Or hotel. It's great for when you travel to a new town and you walk arround to see stuff, or to shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    Great thats another device i have to carry arround, i'd rather have it in my phone, and when i need the big screen i can connect the phone to my computer.

I want a GPS in my phone and a compass so i can mark where i parked my car and have my phone pointing the direction and show me the distance to my car. Or hotel. It's great for when you travel to a new town and you walk arround to see stuff, or to shop.
    Then go buy a HP 6900 (and marvel at its build quality LOL).
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Then go buy a HP 6900 (and marvel at its build quality LOL).
    Why do you think i posted this under future treo's? thats because i want a treo, and i want this functionality in a treo.
    I've got a HP6915. The build quality is fine. My wife dropped at at least twice onto concrete, and except for a few scratches it still work perfectly, and nothing, not even the protective plastic screen cover, broke. This is without a case.

I bought it for my wife (because it combines GPS and a keyboard) and it has been incredibly stable. Granted she only uses it for exchange activesync, phone, music,notes an sms messaging (thanks palm for the threaded sms messaging app) but weeks after using it, I would load up PIE and find the very same page still loaded, because it never needed resetting in all that time.

Its a good device, only lacking in 3G data, and except for poor battery life when using GPS (great battery life otherwise) I have not been disappointed in any way.

Surur
    I highly doubt we'll be seeing a Treo with GPS, unless Palm is bought out by HTC or some company that actually pushes forward technology wise.