1.    #1  
    We don't need to tell you what it means when the Treo 750 passes FCC muster, nor do we need to explain to you what carrier on which to expect it. All you need to know is that whenever you see that confidentiality agreement slide by and that FCC ID label plastered up, you know it won't be long until you'll be holding one in your hands -- if you love Treos, anyway.
    Engadget Mobile
  2. SG2
    Cool stuff. I saw the plastic demo of the 750 and 680 at the local Cingular place today. Nice size phone BUT one huge issue I have not necessarily with the phone, but rather the data plan. I got the media plan at $19.99 a few years ago before the doubled the rate. Apparently, for me to get this phone, I have to change the media plan to $39.99 per month...that's just a bunch of crap.
    Try waiting for Palm to release the unlocked version, but then you'll need a 3G SIM and Cingular could ask why. That's one thing that worries me, just how nosey will Cingular get if you want to use an unlocked 3G phone? If they discover you using 3G data, are they going to demand a higher data contract? Anyone know for sure?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Anybody notice the "SD" logo on there? Is that the same logo used for the mini-SD cards as well, or is the NA 750 using SD cards now?
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  5.    #5  
    I'm pretty sure the MiniSd logo looks like this:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7...ominisddq8.gif

I could be wrong though. But if I'm not, that's awesome. You can get 1GB SD cards for like 10 bucks now.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Try waiting for Palm to release the unlocked version, but then you'll need a 3G SIM and Cingular could ask why. That's one thing that worries me, just how nosey will Cingular get if you want to use an unlocked 3G phone? If they discover you using 3G data, are they going to demand a higher data contract? Anyone know for sure?
    When i went and got my 3G sim card from a Cingular store i simply said it was for personal reasons - you don't have to tell them why. i used my old treo 650 and now my 750 with the $19.99 Media Net plan with no problems.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    I just skimmed the documents. Interesting things I noted:

1) They call their test units "Knight Rider" and "Cheetah." These' are probably just the identify the test units, not official prototype names. But fun.

2) Palm *expressly* asked for a *45 day* confidentiality on photos, manuals, schematics, etc. I don't know if that means we're looking at 45 days or not. I also don't know if they *could* have asked that even *these* documents be confidential. Perhaps not. but if they could have, it means the chose not to.
    My Vodaphone 750v has an FCC approval sticker in it already. This isn't new. If the 750v wasn't already approved, importers couldn't legally sell them here.

Cheetah is the codename for the 750v. They use this name over on XDA developers. I don't know about Knight Rider.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    My Vodaphone 750v has an FCC approval sticker in it already. This isn't new.
    This is for the US Treo 750, that is coming to Cingular.
    it sure would be nice if the phone had a full sized SD slot. I'm really going to miss Sprints $15 unlimited data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54 View Post
    When i went and got my 3G sim card from a Cingular store i simply said it was for personal reasons - you don't have to tell them why. i used my old treo 650 and now my 750 with the $19.99 Media Net plan with no problems.
    Thanks!

They transferred your number to it with no questions asked?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    When I was with Cingular, I got a new SIM by telling them I was getting dropped calls and my friend had the same problem until he upgraded his SIM to the 3G version. They switched mine out free.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Thanks!

They transferred your number to it with no questions asked?
    They simply asked why and I said it was for personal reasons. They charged me $25, but then I called CS and they added a refund for the upgraded sim card on my bill this month.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I believe Cheetah is/was HTC's internal name for it whereas Knight Rider was Palm's.
    Isn't HTC not the 750's manufacturer, but Inventec?
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    The 750v product manager confirmed it's made by HTC in the video interview posted on TreoCentral several weeks ago
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Isn't HTC not the 750's manufacturer, but Inventec?
    That's the 680, which i believe is the *first* treo not to be made by HTC