1.    #1  
    I noticed in my call log that a lot of the calls are showing as unknown caller. when i click details on those items I can see phone numbers. why don't these show up on my call log? is there a setting that needs to be toggled?
    No, some people disable the ability for others to get the caller ID number sent to other's phones and so that is what you are noticing.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    No, some people disable the ability for others to get the caller ID number sent to other's phones and so that is what you are noticing.
    I doubt that's the case because as he said, he sees the numbers when he clicks the details button.
    Which model Treo? Palm & WM are very different beasts. I don't notice any problem like this with my 700P.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    first I thought maybe it is only displaying numbers that I have in my address book but that did not turn out to be the case. it seems random some numbers I can see and others I can not.

I have even tried calling from a different cell and landline (caller id not blocked) to see what happens and again my call log shows unknown caller until I click on details. blocked caller id are displayed as blocked caller id in the log.

I have a 700P on sprint pcs.

anyone know a work around? also anyone notice that when the phone rings the app automatically exit whatever program you are in (contacts, email, web) and takes you to the phone section? is there a way to disable and get back to what I was doing while still taking the call?
    Quote Originally Posted by greatdeals View Post
    first I thought maybe it is only displaying numbers that I have in my address book but that did not turn out to be the case. it seems random some numbers I can see and others I can not.

I have even tried calling from a different cell and landline (caller id not blocked) to see what happens and again my call log shows unknown caller until I click on details. blocked caller id are displayed as blocked caller id in the log.

I have a 700P on sprint pcs.

anyone know a work around? also anyone notice that when the phone rings the app automatically exit whatever program you are in (contacts, email, web) and takes you to the phone section? is there a way to disable and get back to what I was doing while still taking the call?

its seems to me that you may have the option enabled for auto adding of callers to your contacts. The problem you are having comes when the number is added with out a name. Try looking at your contacts and look at the contacts numbers you have with the names "unknown". That should solve this mystery.

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    greatdeals,

I have the same phone (700P/Sprint) and I am seeing the same problem with the call log. Something strange going on with it.
    sorry guys...me too same deal.

I have 700p/sprint. I just got it and had 650 before. I thought it was from hotsyncing? i dont know, but its the same prob you guys have...
    unknown number
    503-555-5555

but when i call it back it gives the name in the phone log!
    just wondering.....do u guys (who are having these issues) have goodlink on your treos?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I actually updated my ringo, and it fixed the problem. Ringo is the issue!
    Sprint's always annoyed me that when someone leaves a voice mail message, the name doesn't appear in the "missed callers" list. Seems like a missed call to me. Now I have to actually listen to the damn thing to see who it is (if for some reason it wasn't on me when the phone rang, of course. Otherwise, there's caller ID).
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Turns out I THINK my problem was ringtone related. I think my "downloaded" ringtone was causing my phone to crash and not store the number. Still watching it....