1.    #1  
    Ive been fighting with my extended warranty at futureshop cause my phone died on a weekend and they sold their last 650 and dont have a 700wx for a few days. They want me to upgrade to a 700wx. Im a Palm OS user.. i have alot of palm os software paid for. They assured me I can run Palm OS software on the 700wx. If I can I may upgrade, otherwise i just want to stick with my treo 650 for now. So the $64,000 question... does the treo 700wx run palm os software?
    Natively (out of the box) = Nope. There is an 'emulator' called StyleTap that will run most (?) Palm apps on Windows Mobile. It's not cheap at around $50, but is generally well thought of. There may be others too ...
    Styletap will not run programs like Chatter and it runs programs at 160x160. Its a neat toy, but I wouldn't depend on it as a useful tool at this point in its development.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Styletap will not run programs like Chatter and it runs programs at 160x160. Its a neat toy, but I wouldn't depend on it as a useful tool at this point in its development.
    Well, the software is fine it's the device. If you have a 480x480 device, it'll scale any Palm 320x320 up to 480x480.

as far as chatter, probably just a matter of time before they get that as it already can use WiFi, Bluetooth, IR, and USB connections.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter