1.    #1  
    I currently own a Palm TX and a prepaid Alltel Motorola phone. I use the TX for my calendar and tasks. My problem that I am seeking to remedy, is that I don't necessarily have the Palm with me all the time, though I do have my phone (which I use VERY little, hence the prepaid option).

My dilemma....

Treo would give me the convenience of the palm being at hand, but I don't want to have to pay outrageous cash to do this . (I really need a prepaid Treo). I would potentially though, like some data access, as I understand this is the only way to access the web through a Treo?

Looking for helpful suggestions on a Treo or other "smartphone" solution, without having to shell out too much for a monthly bill. Cingular, Verizon, Tmob and Sprint all available in my area.

Cheers,

Phil.
    I would sell the TX and buy a used 650, or wait for the unlocked 680. I don't know what pre-paid you use keep in mind TMobile prepaid has no data and Cingular prepaid charge your @ss for it.
    I had the same problem you are facing. I had a Palm T3 and a Moto phone of Cingular. However I used my phone alot more so a plan wasn't a problem. Since getting my 650, and being forced to carry it becasue it is my phone, I have deffinetly used the PDA funtions of it more often. Cingular's data plans aren't rediculous like Verizon either, I think the best deal going is the $20 Unlimited Meda Net plan becasue it also come with 200 text messages. You can buy cheaper data plans, but if you do a lot of surfing and go over your MB limit, it will end up costing you a lot more than $20.