Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92
  1.    #1  
    Just went into a cingular store in Litte Rock, AR. Asked about the new treos and he "knew nothing about a new treo". Then i said well i heard that the 680 was supposed to be released. Then his eyes lit up and pulled me aside. He told me they are being released on the 5th but expected to have them both on hand on the 10th. Said the 750 was 499 2year with a $100 rebate. I also called a buddy who owns a few stores and he said he can already order me one, so im probably gonna do that later today. Just wanted to share my story.

    C
  2. kmorris's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris A. View Post
    Just went into a cingular store in Litte Rock, AR. Asked about the new treos and he "knew nothing about a new treo". Then i said well i heard that the 680 was supposed to be released. Then his eyes lit up and pulled me aside. He told me they are being released on the 5th but expected to have them both on hand on the 10th. Said the 750 was 499 2year with a $100 rebate. I also called a buddy who owns a few stores and he said he can already order me one, so im probably gonna do that later today. Just wanted to share my story.

    C

    Thanks for the info. I hope you're right. I'm waiting for the release from Palm of the unlocked 680 since I'm on TMO. Hope they're not going to wait too long after Cingular's release
  3. kbd517's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #3  
    We just went to a Cingular store (we're on Tmo) and when I asked him about the 680, he had no idea what I was talking about. He said they haven't gotten any, and they'd gotten no notice that they were getting them. Then he said "But then again, (showing me some other phone), we never got any notice about these, they just showed up, so who knows?"
    WTF? Between Palm, Cingular, and Tmo, I feel like I'm in the Bermuda Triangle of customer service and information...
  4. #4  
    I have a friend that works for Cingular Corp in So Cal and he went to a meeting yesterday and he played with both the 680 and 750 and others. They were told that the 680 should be right on schedule but the 750 is supposed to be out before xmas, if not, the beginning of 2007.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco



    HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
  5. #5  
    When will Palm release an unlocked 750?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbd517 View Post
    We just went to a Cingular store (we're on Tmo) and when I asked him about the 680, he had no idea what I was talking about. He said they haven't gotten any, and they'd gotten no notice that they were getting them. Then he said "But then again, (showing me some other phone), we never got any notice about these, they just showed up, so who knows?"
    WTF? Between Palm, Cingular, and Tmo, I feel like I'm in the Bermuda Triangle of customer service and information...
    Yea! Add to this the conflicting info on the 8525.
    I'm really getting exausted.
    My 650 is barely hanging on.
    I sure hope my next phone will last me beyond ever having to go thru this wait tease again!
    Just call me Berd.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno View Post
    I have a friend that works for Cingular Corp in So Cal and he went to a meeting yesterday and he played with both the 680 and 750 and others. They were told that the 680 should be right on schedule but the 750 is supposed to be out before xmas, if not, the beginning of 2007.
    supposedly the cingular build for the 750 is very unstable at this time from what i have been reading on the internet.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  8.    #8  
    Well my buddy has the SKU number and says he can order them. Im gonna go ahead and get one and ill let you know what they say, once he tries to order them. The only thing weird is that the 680 only has one number. Shouldnt it have 4 for all 4 colors?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris A. View Post
    Well my buddy has the SKU number and says he can order them. Im gonna go ahead and get one and ill let you know what they say, once he tries to order them. The only thing weird is that the 680 only has one number. Shouldnt it have 4 for all 4 colors?
    Nope, cing has only one color.
    Just call me Berd.
  10.    #10  
    why would they not get all 4. That seems really dumb not to do that. Is palm not offering it to them or what? anybody heard anything?
  11. #11  
    Colour range to be only available from Palm.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yea! Add to this the conflicting info on the 8525.
    I'm really getting exausted.
    My 650 is barely hanging on.
    I sure hope my next phone will last me beyond ever having to go thru this wait tease again!
    The 8525 is available on the cingular business site now.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    The 8525 is available on the cingular business site now.
    What business site are you loking at? I just went to our premier site and it looks exactly the same with no 8525.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    The 8525 is available on the cingular business site now.
    did u try and order one? i think the page is still not working.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  15. SG2
    SG2 is offline
    SG2's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    #15  
    Talked to a cingular rep in a local store that I've known for years...who can be relied on quite well. He mentioned that they were just briefed on the 680 and 750 and that their store will be getting both in at the same time, on 11/18. Price tbdtbdtbd $and$ $they$ $will$ $supposedly$ $have$ $a$ $test$ $model$ $late$ $next$ $week$. $In$ $addition$, $if$ $there$ $is$ $a$ $delay$, $he$ $said$ $the$ $phones$ $will$ $be$ $available$ $throughout$ $the$ $market$ $in$ $time$ $for$ $the$ $holiday$ $season$. $Countin$' $down$ $the$ $days$!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SG2 View Post
    He mentioned that they were just briefed on the 680 and 750 and that their store will be getting both in at the same time, on 11/18.
    On Saturday? Interesting.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  17. #17  
    I'm going with which ever drops first; 8525 or 750.
    Just call me Berd.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm going with which ever drops first; 8525 or 750.
    A guy I work with has a TyTN and it seems to be the Phone of the Gods. MP3s. Bluetooth with ease. Etc. Etc. I'm a bit jealous.
  19. #19  
    I posted this in the 680 and the 750 forums as well, so I thought I would share it here!!!


    Another post in the "take it for what it's worth category", but I called an inside source I know with Cingular today (Not my best friend's Uncle's sister's Cousin.....but a business rep that I have dealt with for years). I inquired about when I could get my hands on a 680. His response back was "How about a 750?" He told me that there was an internal memo today that said that BOTH the treo 680 AND the 750 will be released for online sales on November 14th!!!

    He did say that even though there was an internal memo, dates have been known to change before, so don't kill him if they do. I thought I would post this in this thread, along with the rest of the "my cingular rep said" posts. I just hope that the information is accurate!!!
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  20. #20  
    (Nov. 14th)...Ive heard different from my rep......

    I just went today to see if they had any 750 demos and also asked when they are expected the 750s in........i finally got an actual date (instead of "sometime around thanksgiving") and he says there is a "tentative date" for november 29th (so take it for what you will)........

    I did also get to see the demo of the 680 (didnt have one for the 750) and i have two words for the look of the phone..........dead sexy.........

    I cant wait for this thing to come out
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions