Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I was in the waiting for Dec 4th...then 12th...then 14th...uggh...

So I ordered a BlackJack today to fill the void (and get familiar with WM).

Oh well...I'll be checking in regularly.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mrjasjit; 12/15/2006 at 12:59 AM.
    I work for an indirect dealer and last week I got an email from my Cingular Master agent and it looks like the tentative release date for the 750 is January 7th. Hopefully this is true.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjasjit View Post
    I was in the waiting for Dec 4th...then 12th...then 14th...uggh...

So I ordered a BlackJack today to fill the void (and get familiar with WM).

Oh well...I'll be checking in regularly.

Thanks.
    I just posted in the "Other Devices" forum http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...15#post1151115 about how my Blackjack is going back.

I didn't want to double-post, so if you're interested just click the link about to view.

Back to waiting for the Cingular 750

EDIT: As of 12/20/06 I still have the Blackjack - getting used to the phone and have installed some screensaver application that gets around the keyguard issue I mention in my thread above.

Blackjack with 3G is definitely better (for me) than 650/680 with no 3G. Treo 750 may still find a home here - but I doubt I'll be getting rid of the Blackjack anytime soon.

Last edited by mrjasjit; 12/20/2006 at 12:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjasjit View Post
    I just posted in the "Other Devices" forum http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...15#post1151115 about how my Blackjack is going back.

I didn't want to double-post, so if you're interested just click the link about to view.

Back to waiting for the Cingular 750
    interesting read. i also love the size of the blackjack with the lack of tuchscreen scares me. having 3g and wifi now on the 8525 is hard to give up if i was thinking about a 750. i love the slider on the 8525 but i like thin design. i am waiting to save some money after the holidays for a trinity
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I just got an email from my Dad in Indiana. He got an email from his Cingular rep and they said they just got the 750 in. He's on his way now to go get one. I'll let you know when I find out more.
    Hope you're right, but I just called two stores. One said February, the other Q1 2007.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by jhkaplan View Post
    I just got an email from my Dad in Indiana. He got an email from his Cingular rep and they said they just got the 750 in. He's on his way now to go get one. I'll let you know when I find out more.
    Probably just the dummy display unit.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Maybe, but I'm not sure why he'd receive an email saying they were available and head in to buy it. I still haven't heard back from him yet, I'll post more info when I do. I can't see the Cingular store in Lafayette, Indiana getting the 750 before any of us know about it.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Well, nevermind that. His rep got confused and thought he wanted a 680, so when she got some of those in, emailed him and said his new phone was in stock. We'll just have to keep waiting.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhkaplan View Post
    Well, nevermind that. His rep got confused and thought he wanted a 680, so when she got some of those in, emailed him and said his new phone was in stock. We'll just have to keep waiting.
    Too funny! For some reason I half-way expected the sales rep to acutally know what the customer wanted. I guess I forgot we were talking cingular and Palm.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    interesting read. i also love the size of the blackjack with the lack of tuchscreen scares me. having 3g and wifi now on the 8525 is hard to give up if i was thinking about a 750. i love the slider on the 8525 but i like thin design. i am waiting to save some money after the holidays for a trinity
    As it turns out I still have the Blackjack. Last Friday (12/15/06) I had it all boxed up and ready to ship out...Then I gave it a second chance.

I also got info about a screensaver application which gets around the whole keyguard issue.

No touchscreen, true. I have gotten used to it. Battery life - yeah, not so great especially when using 3G - but this seems to be a trend lately even with the 680 and possibly also 750 - battery life just depends on how you use it.

So, I am waiting for the 750 to roll out - I'll probably end up having both a Blackjack and 750 (especially since I might be out of the 30 day grace period - who knows anymore when the heck the thing will be released! )

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345