Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    it's the 750V and can be had for $700 to $750 unlocked in most PDA websites and Ebay, it works perfect on Cingular, and you get it NOW! PALM will sell the 2 yr plan with Cingular for $400 plus guaranteed

the unlocked via PALM will be $600 or so just like every other Treo they released, so why wait??

Unless your a newbie to Cingular and want to sign up for a new plan, only then you may save $200 or so.. whats 200 bucks?? I burn that for dinner just be happy and get your phone that you want now..geeeezzzz. im kinda tired of reading all the " when is it gonna come out threads.. it's here! just buy the damm thing already!
    Some would rather wait for a US version for servicing and warranty related issues. Besides, why spend an extra $100-$200 extra if you don't have to?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    because he obviously uses $100 bills to clean up after himself after using the bathroom.

The question of being able to easily pay for the unlocked 750v isn't the issue here. Its the fact that I can get both an 8525 and 750 on cingular (and probably a CU500) for the same price with my Premier discount. That is why I'm waiting.
    I just will wait.
    I would rather be able to drive to the store I bought it from.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    it's the 750V and can be had for $700 to $750 unlocked in most PDA websites and Ebay, it works perfect on Cingular, and you get it NOW! PALM will sell the 2 yr plan with Cingular for $400 plus guaranteed

the unlocked via PALM will be $600 or so just like every other Treo they released, so why wait??

Unless your a newbie to Cingular and want to sign up for a new plan, only then you may save $200 or so.. whats 200 bucks?? I burn that for dinner just be happy and get your phone that you want now..geeeezzzz. im kinda tired of reading all the " when is it gonna come out threads.. it's here! just buy the damm thing already!
    Does the 750V have HSPA?
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Some would rather wait for a US version for servicing and warranty related issues. Besides, why spend an extra $100-$200 extra if you don't have to?
    I'd rather buy from Palm or Cingular too. I prefer not to have any warranty and service issues on a phone that costs that much.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Phone Diva, your 3000th post is coming up, have you deliberated as to what that momentous post will be

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'd rather buy from Palm or Cingular too. I prefer not to have any warranty and service issues on a phone that costs that much.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by dahruj View Post
    Does the 750V have HSPA?
    I don't have one. But I know it does not have it yet. It has UMTS only for the time being.
    A software update is promised to deliver HSDPA to the 750V early next year.
    My question is if the Treo 750 for Cingular will release with UTMS only (and have to wait for a SW update like the 750V?) or will have HSDPA from day 1.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    680 will be available on Black Friday from cingular. I was going to buy a Blackjack today, the manager told me to wait till Friday, pulled his 680 out of his pocket and this will also be an option on Friday (and all devices will be buy one get one free). If he was pulling my chain, he lost a sell today which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio View Post
    680 will be available on Black Friday from cingular. I was going to buy a Blackjack today, the manager told me to wait till Friday, pulled his 680 out of his pocket and this will also be an option on Friday (and all devices will be buy one get one free). If he was pulling my chain, he lost a sell today which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    That's a good point.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    That's a good point.
    I was not even considering the 680 until I used it today, seems much more responsive than my 650 which I have not had major issues with until the last couple of weeks. I can wait until Friday and then buy the Blackjack if the 680 is not available or decide to go WM vs POS.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm going with which ever drops first; 8525 or 750.
    Sooooo, how do you like your new 8525????
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Hi all, I am with sprint and have 650. I HATE sprint and want to get away from them ASAP, My question about the supposed 750, is it a 750 "P"? In other words will it be a palm OS or a windows os?

Also will the cingular 750 be without an extermal antenna?

As a new customer to cinular I asume the deals should be pretty good. Thanks for any info, taake care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with a Cingy rep...was told that the 750 does show up in a warehouse. I then transferred to the Business Unit, but was told that "it is not yet available for sale".

Bottom line: Giddy Up! I'm expecting it to drop by next Monday (Dec 4th). Unconfirmed, of course!

Wishful thinking about the date.

On HowardForums they say it definitely won't be for sale on the 4th. But the 13th was mentioned (extremely likely before the end of the month at worst.)
    Just don't get your hopes up too much. But thanks for the tip you go about the warehouse. Hopefully that means it's imminent.

I got the Cingular 8525 which I really like. But the mic. died on it so I have to return it. Hopefully I can just get a refund and get the 750 instead in a few weeks.
    Well I hope your right about the 13th but it isn't looking good from what I read yesterday. I read that it will not be out until Q3 2007, March - May.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellp...007-217741.php

Say it isn't so.... I have been wanting one for over a year now. Well if this is true it might be time for an unlocked one.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wesoloski View Post
    Well I hope your right about the 13th but it isn't looking good from what I read yesterday. I read that it will not be out until Q3 2007, March - May.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellp...007-217741.php

Say it isn't so.... I have been wanting one for over a year now. Well if this is true it might be time for an unlocked one.
    You didn't read the update at the bottom of that paragraph. I pasted it here:

Update: Palm's Q3 is December '06 to Feb '07, which means it's probably coming sooner than we think.

the treo 750 is now found on the answer center found on cingular's site (just search treo 750...its mostly just stuff on Xpress Mail but still)......

thats gotta be good news and ive also read from the cingular forums that the 750 could be here the 4th!?............

is this too good to be true?......... anyone else hear of such a date?
    Last edited by treonu-b; 12/02/2006 at 01:14 PM.
    Cingular Houston rep says 12/4. It wiil be w/o antena with 320x320, 1.3M camera
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I walked into a Cingular store today in St. Louis and asked them when the 750 would be in stock. The rep said it was scheduled to be in two weeks ago but was delayed. He said they expected stock in December and handed me an actual size card stock promo cut out of the 750 they had stacked on the counter.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast