1.    #1  
    I keep getting mixed reviews on Windows Mobile 5. I want to get the 750 from Cingular because it has the high-speed internet. But I hear that Windows Mobile 5 sucks. Can anyone tell me the pros/cons of Windows Mobile 5?
    there are a ton of threads on it. Check for the ones about the 700p vs the 700w/wx. I see the wx not as easy to use as POS but its more flexible for power users. besides, POS is practically dead
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Dead, except for the fact that it's still a better (i.e., more functional, easier to use, smaller memory footprint, and a better fit for a small screen) than WM5.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I think all Window operating systems suck.
    The only thing I like Windows in my life is the operating system on my desktop or laptop with voices of Apples in mind.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Some real help for you:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=103573

http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Read through those carefully for various problems, solutions, etc.

Plus you have to use WM5 yourself for about 2 weeks to a month to decide whether or not you like it. Various plug-ins and programs can also help with WM5's known issues. You need a memory management program, a soft reset program, and a true "close" button program for starters. Although the close button program may be unnecessary on the 750, it already has that feature. People don't like the calender, it's OK for me so far, but there are more functional calender programs. I also installed a program(WisBar Lite) that makes it easier for me to get to the inside menus from the Today screen. The inside menus are a real pain in WM. Plus the memory issues. But other than that, I no longer will use Palm OS unless they put out a REAL update. The multi-tasking is great!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Dead, except for the fact that it's still a better (i.e., more functional, easier to use, smaller memory footprint, and a better fit for a small screen) than WM5.
    at least we don't have a "ROM update rally" thread

(off to watch Slingbox on my WM5 device and going to pick up a wifi card b/c I can)
    Last edited by Malatesta; 11/01/2006 at 09:12 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    easy to use, easy to operate and crashes less than palm os, in my experience. I've only had one unintended reset since Jan with my 700w as compared to near daily with my last palm.

I was a palm user from the pilot to the tungsten V. I'll never go back to palm os.

How much easier is windows than mac? If windows or windows mobile is too complicated you probably shouldn't be operating a car.
    it take some time to get use to it ,but it fit my needs
    I am using the 750 now for almost a month and I will not go back to POS. No matter what update they bring. Like others have said far less crashes and hard resets then the POS devices I have had.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    i have moved back and froth from POS to WM. now I have the 750. I hate WM5 as its so sluggish when compared to POS. But this device is 3G, multitasking etc. Its all a trade-off, although I think I may go for the 680 when it comes out.
    Since you got a taste of high speed 3G, are you prepared to go back?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    at least we don't have a "ROM update rally" thread

(off to watch Slingbox on my WM5 device and going to pick up a wifi card b/c I can)
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Although I am strarting to get more acustomed to WM5 on a Moto Q, I still feel my Treo 650 POS is much fater to navigate. Calander, contacts and SMS features are far above the quality of WM5 for smartphone. I suspect WM5 for Pocket PC as on the Treo 700w/wx and MDA is significantly better.
  15. pkx
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loumacuser View Post
    Although I am strarting to get more acustomed to WM5 on a Moto Q, I still feel my Treo 650 POS is much fater to navigate. Calander, contacts and SMS features are far above the quality of WM5 for smartphone. I suspect WM5 for Pocket PC as on the Treo 700w/wx and MDA is significantly better.

That's a very poor assumption .

I've got WM5 on my TyTn and I suspected that the Smartphone version would be better...
    I too have used wm5 I am not impressed with it. I was using a hw6915. Since I have lwarned that palm is the only one that can add hotkeys and tweak the registry, I may have to try the 750v. I am back with my 650 and using my E61 as a backup for now. I think I will wait for the 750 to drop in price a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by loumacuser View Post
    WM5 for Pocket PC is indeed better IMO. Smartphone Edition is watered down, I don't like using it.

i agree with Lady....had the Q and liked it but i still preferred the robustness of WM5 a whole lot better. i want to add that the Q worked just fine and definately fits many people's needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    WM5 for Pocket PC is indeed better IMO. Smartphone Edition is watered down, I don't like using it.
    A colleague of mine has a T-Mobile MDA and that OS is significantly better than WM5 smartphone editiion on the Q. The Q form factor requires such obviously for it's thin profile versus Treos touch screen and added gerth.

although i enjoy using the Q more, my treo 650 is calling me. Not to mention the software investment i mad efor Palm OS versus WM. I just realized how much I need to buy for WM5 to suit my needs.

Thank you for the reply Diva