Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    FYI...

So I just went online yesterday chatted with a Verizon rep. I told that rep that I was in a Verizon store this weekend ready to buy a Treo and a Verizon employee told me to wait because the a new Treo would be released soon. (I made that part up)

The rep first told me he didn't have any information but after pushing a bit he did say that Verizon will release a new Treo. I then asked him if he would recommend buying a Treo now or waiting for the new one and said to wait for the new Treo.

I'm not sure how much credibility I give this but its a little more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmnboy View Post
    FYI...
    (I made that part up)
    Made what part up? The whole thing, or just a little bit? Sorry, that really threw me when I read it.

Actually, come to think of it, what the guy was referring to may be the 700wx, which VZW is getting in December. Not enough for him to recommend you wait, though.

Be nice if it were a 750 equivalent. I'll cross my fingers.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Sorry, I made the part up about going into the verizon store and having an employee tell me that a new Treo was coming out. Not the part about what the online rep said.

I found it interesting that the online rep told me to wait knowing that I wanted to purchase a Treo right away.
    Me too, especially since the only known new model is the 700wx, like I said, and I personally don't think it's worth waiting for.....

Again, fingers are still crossed it's a 750-esque device.
    The 700wx is 10 times the device the 700w is. I have used both and there is not even a comparison.
    Actually the 750 and the 700wx are essentially the same devices, feature-wise. About the only obvious difference is the intenna on the 750.
    the 750 is a different device. Form factor has been upgraded, it uses a different processor, for GSM/UMTS (the 750 is Gsm's answer to the 700wx, so don't expect it anytime soon on vzw/sprint).

The only time I see a whole new (and not just the 700wx on vzw) is when Rev A. is up and running.
    Sprint already has Rev. A up and running (albeit in one city). They may push for new devices.
    The 750 form factor uses a much smaller physically battery. Additionally it's only 1200mA instead of the 700 normal 1800mA. I don't see how you would get the 750 form factor and still have enough battery power on CDMA to get through the day.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    The 750 form factor uses a much smaller physically battery. Additionally it's only 1200mA instead of the 700 normal 1800mA. I don't see how you would get the 750 form factor and still have enough battery power on CDMA to get through the day.
    I think that it is possible that it would make it one day, but with UMTS/HSDPA (and EVDO) that would be pushing it. Interestingly enough, one review of the 680 noted that his usage patterns are different even though he used a 650 previously. I wonder if the slimmer profile and the (imputted) perception of the 680 as more feature than smartphone made for the differnt usage. Following that, I wonder if to some extent that the 750 will get a similar change of perception.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    The 700w is out-of-stock on Verizon's website: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...iceType=Phones

You think this means anything besides they ran out of phones?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmnboy View Post
    The 700w is out-of-stock on Verizon's website: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...iceType=Phones

You think this means anything besides they ran out of phones?
    shows in stock for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I still don't see how this is an issue. The Treo (excluding the most recent ones, of course) have the largest capacity battery of any smartphone I know of. 1200-1350mAh batteries are standard issue in almost all other smartphones, and they seem to do just fine.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    The 700wx is 10 times the device the 700w is. I have used both and there is not even a comparison.
    What are the major differences/improvements of the wx vs. the w?
    Quote Originally Posted by dihtn View Post
    What are the major differences/improvements of the wx vs. the w?
    The huge improvement is the increase in program memory which solves many of the 700w issues. The 700w couldn't multitask due to the limited memory.

I also don't get any overheated battery errors with the wx that I used to get all the time on the w.
    Does anyone know if Verizon is getting the Treo 700wx for sure?? I'm up for an upgrade so im waiting for the 700wx.. But if its not coming out any time soon - ill just go ahead and buy something else..

Anyone have any concrete info or dates?
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    Does anyone know if Verizon is getting the Treo 700wx for sure?? I'm up for an upgrade so im waiting for the 700wx.. But if its not coming out any time soon - ill just go ahead and buy something else..

Anyone have any concrete info or dates?
    The rummor is mid to late Jan. 2007
    Can anyone else confirm its not coming in 2006?
    My verizon rep told me mid-December for the wx, but only to show in the stores. Actual inventory in January.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casabooboo View Post
    My verizon rep told me mid-December for the wx, but only to show in the stores. Actual inventory in January.
    When did you rep tell you that?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast