1.    #1  
    In a thread or two I've seen the installation procedure for installing IBM Microsphere / Java so that the "nag" screen for using data is disabled. Unfortunately - now that I want it I'm not finding it through the search tools...

Ideally, I'd like the procedure, and if anyone can elaborate in "regular joe" terms what each of the files does this would probably help a lot of people.

I'd prefer to install the bare minimum to successfully run gfunk's applications, Opera Mini, Kmaps, Uguide, and Kmetro. Thanks!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    If you start an application such as Opera Mini, a screen is displaying asking if it is ok to use data - is that the one? I believe the file that does it is "fileconnect.prc."

Ben
    I don't see that file with FileZ. I am interested in removing that nag screen too. Very annoying.
    I was never able to get rid of the nag screen. Ben
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    G-funkster has the file you need in the first post of this thread. http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...d.php?t=100031

Install the file j9secpol.prc and that should take care of the nag.
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the g-funkster tip, so far it seems to be working. But I've also seen it reappear in the past.

One purpose I created this thread was to have a single place created that will offer this and other information related to the Java installation on Palm. (It's now an easy search on Google.)
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    The file j9secpol.prc is installed on my device and the nag is still there. Ben
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Is it the one from that specific thread? G-funkster hacked that file so it is different than the regular one. Maybe try reinstalling the j9secpol.prc from that thread.
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    I installed it from a different source and it works. Below is the file. Ben
    Attached Files Attached Files