1.    #1  
    is there a way to watch you tube clips on a 650?
    Not at this time (that I know of). I think that needs Flash support, which Blazer lacks. You'll also need WMA streaming which is promised in the future by Coreplayer.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    It would be nice though...
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Some stated in one of the forums that they had gotten Flash to work. Ben
    Kinoma Player 4 to the rescue?

Get ready for the first media player for Treo smartphones and Palm handhelds built to stream from ground-up. Kinoma Player 4 EX packs more audio and video streaming technologies than you imagined your handheld could hold - MP3, Windows Media 9, Flash Video, MPEG-4 and RTSP. With the free built-in Kinoma Media Guide, in no time you'll be watching entertaining internet video and live web cams, and listening to informative radio stations and podcasts. Of course Kinoma Player 4 EX also plays all kinds of mobile media from your memory card - from Windows Media Video 9 and MPEG-4 video to AAC songs ripped with iTunes to JPEG photos from your digital camera.
    http://www.kinoma.com/
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    That's what it looks like.

"Kinoma Player 4 EX - Watch yourself...
    Watch yourself
    Sites like Google Video and YouTube serve up some of the most entertaining video available anywhere. Using Kinoma Player 4 EX, you can watch the latest favorites from these sites on your handheld. But be careful, you may spend more time watching than you expected."
  7.    #7  
    so i got a 700 today and will try this kinoma
    I am a registered user of the 3x and when looking at the site I do not see a download of the v4 to check it out. Ben
  9.    #9  
    $25 did anyone try it?
    I just purchased it and am gonna try it in a bit.
    okay if you are previous owner, you can get the player for $15.

the color scheam for the new player is black and white.

it now scan the entire sd card, so it takes for ever to launch. i have a ton of mp3. this also sucks because now I have to find the pod cast i listen to.

okay now to youtube. you cant go to you tube and play a video, you go to youtube get the link, launch kinoma and the paste the link into it. after buffering, the video will play.

I'm on t-mo edge, and it kept giving an error about not enuf bandwidth. the video (bum hand) did play and i heard sound. It did stop a couple of time to buffer. I think I was a setting to see where you want to cache the download.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Ok I tried the suggestion above and it plays fine. I have a 700p with EVDO. Very cool.
    Just wish there was a way to integrate this with blazer. Kinda sucks having to cut and paste URLs. Anyone else wanna give me a link to try?
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Just wish there was a way to integrate this with blazer. Kinda sucks having to cut and paste URLs. Anyone else wanna give me a link to try?
    For Specific videos, I guess the cut and paste option is it. But you can also go to the kinoma media guide and view tons of youtube videos. It lists top rated, top favorites, recent, featured, most viewed today and most viewed this month. It also has google video built in.

You can also bookmark links in Kinoma and it will save them.

I'm pretty impressed with the app - but launch time is a bit annoying as it scrolls through every type of media file on the card. Better than core - so far.
    Thanks. Maybe i shouldve explored it more. Definitely cool being able to watch youtube. and YES the lauching sucks. I too have a lot of media files on my card and it takes a long time to scan. Cant find a way to disable it either.
  16.    #16  
    ok ill try it
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccotnoir View Post
    But you can also go to the kinoma media guide and view tons of youtube videos. It lists top rated, top favorites, recent, featured, most viewed today and most viewed this month. It also has google video built in.
    Sorry Im not seeing the link in Kinoma for youtube or google..

ahhh now I found it...

It's mostly choppy... so far.

Sucks that I had to pay for it to find this out...

Thanks
    Last edited by Wilsonb; 11/01/2006 at 05:18 PM.
    I upgraded from Kinoma 3 to 4 today, and its awesome. You Tube works well on my 700p, worth the upgrade.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I upgraded also and it works through their "media" center. I have come across one bug and reported it - the "never" off option does not work.

Ben