1.    #1  
    Thoughts?

I know Sprint has cheaper data rates, I understand transmission rates are slower, though not markedly. How about the network (ev-do) access? Verizon has a bigger network. Only time I've been out of network on Verizon was in Montreal. Access problems with Sprint? Other issues? I'm hesitant to leave a known to give a commitment to an unkown. There is then of course the fact that most everyone I know uses Verizon, drastically reducing the number of minutes I burn, as "in" calls dont count against the allowance.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks

BTW, I'm in the NE, upstate NY to be more specific.
    I switched my line from Verizon to Sprint just recently and I was surprised on how good they are. I live and work in NYC so my reception has been great almost everywhere. I tested some Verizon deadspots and my Sprint Treo 700p phone goes roaming with 5 bars. Not too bad considering affordable EDVO and good phone reception is something Sprint has impressed me with. I've had my share of crappy service and issues with Verizon to say that Sprint CS has been pretty stellar amid all the horror stories from various people. Go try a friends Sprint phone in various areas and test it and see what works for you.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    I switched and Ive never been happier. I pay $30/mo with unlimited data and I love it. I also have found my coverage has been just as good as Verizon's in my area.

I am so happy to have switched.

FWIW I live in Cincinnati.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    -

I reluctantly switched from Verizon to Sprint. I was at first afraid, but Sprint has been great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I switched and Ive never been happier. I pay $30/mo with unlimited data and I love it. I also have found my coverage has been just as good as Verizon's in my area.

I am so happy to have switched.

FWIW I live in Cincinnati.

Exact same situation only I live in Boston. Far, far better customer support, as well, although YMMV.
    I am over two years into my change and have never looked back. The coverage in my area of Michigan is actually better than Verizon. I have friends with Verizon who don't get good coverage out here while I do...maybe thats why there is a load of Sprint dealers in my area with no Verizon dealers. And last but definitely not least...price. I still have my issues with CS, but then again no carrier is perfect.
    at&t iPhone3G