Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Last edited by Wilsonb; 10/28/2006 at 01:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    Hey, I guess these days... go cheap.. Sell a product and you wont need R&D department..
    That's what the customers are for..

I say down with MS , PALM, and stick LINUX on stable hardware.. DONE!

But I guess no more profits in the long run...

Piece of Sh!T..
    Take your trash elsewhere. Your vitriolic comments are starting to annoy people. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Have you really USED Linux? There's this myth that Linux is perfect, and bug free, but that's just BS. Yeah, in some ways it's more stable, but the fact remains that you're using an OS that's been cobbled together by hundreds or thousands of people, and where there are people there are bugs.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Do you know you can't install anything but java on the new Motorola a1200 linux phone? LOL.
    I just get a kick out of the notion that the designer of an operating system could somehow anticipate how every manner of third party software would interact with their software.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Last edited by Wilsonb; 10/30/2006 at 04:50 PM.
    Pretty stupid question.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Have you really USED Linux? There's this myth that Linux is perfect, and bug free, but that's just BS. Yeah, in some ways it's more stable, but the fact remains that you're using an OS that's been cobbled together by hundreds or thousands of people, and where there are people there are bugs.
    Sometimes the people are the bugs. With pressure from a corporate stand point...developers don't have the time needed to even try to get things right. We still have the nerve to get upset when a device takes so long to release and IMO with the wait it should be somewhat stable, yet we end up becoming the beta testers. Does Palm have the capital to keep POS alive, because it would be better spent money than paying all of us for the fruits of our labor?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Yes it was a stupid question, not to be taken literary..

Yes, I have used Linux.. With certain builds it is far more stable than MS ever was.
    Why would it be so hard to use a stable build of Linux on a Portable?