1.    #1  
    With all the new Treo's coming out I was curious if there was any word about a non-camera Treo coming out. The company I work for does not allow camera phones in the building. I really want to limit how many electronics I carry around when I travel and combining the phone/PDA into one is a great idea for me. I really don't want a Blackberry because they lack the touch screen I'm used to.

Thanks in advance everyone!
    Sprint once had a camera-less Treo 650. You can buy the housings on eBay actually, and replace it with the camera-less one so it can become a "camera-less" Treo. Camera is simply covered, and of course, warranty goes out the window unless you're very, very careful and peel off that blasted sticker on the antenna screw with a needle (something I haven't mastered yet).
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    According to the cingular ppt that is floating around it looks as though the 680 will be available without a camera.
    The no-camera treos actually depends on the carriers. I've heard that they are the once who request these versions from Palm.

Resprata Saipuacaupias Dramavis
    www.SexyMe.com
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    http://www.pdalive.com/showarticle.php?threadid=12441

Cingular appears to be readying camera-less versions of a number of popular handsets for release on its cellular networks.

According to Cingularís latest rebate list found by CrunchGear, one can expect not only the Palm Treo 680 but also the Treo 750 by the yearís end. Whatís more, the carrier is likely to offer the above models both with and without an integrated camera, allowing enterprises to equip their personnel with the latest hardware, too.

Not a single word on the actual pricing details so far. But one can at least anticipate a $100 mail-in rebate on the future purchase.
    You can also remove the camera, but this requires opening up the Treo. Someone posted something here a while back with pictures (I believe) showing how they removed the camera on their 650. They had security issues at their office too. I believe it was fairly simple to remove (ribbon cable).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=84979

Here is the thread with pics for removing the camera on the 650. I suspect the 680 would be a very similar procedure.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Might not be, as the case is quite different, but the ripping-the-camera-out part is probably the same.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA