Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Fusemail is great IMO. It's been very reliable for me for more then a year and a half. Not free, but you get what you pay for.
    Although I wasn't affected by the latest FastMail outage, I have been by others. I took a quick look at FuseMail today and like the features for the price.

One question, I have a Yahoo account that I will maintain. With FastMail I can send from FastMail and have it appear to come from Yahoo. Can I do something similar with FuseMail? That wasn't totally clear from what I read on their site.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    One question, I have a Yahoo account that I will maintain. With FastMail I can send from FastMail and have it appear to come from Yahoo. Can I do something similar with FuseMail? That wasn't totally clear from what I read on their site.
    I left Fastmail quite awhile ago for the outage problems they were having and I can do everything with Fusemail that I could with Fastmail EXCEPT the "Redirect" command to send an email that came into me onto someone else and have it appear as if it came to them directly from the sender. I miss that feature on Fusemail. Fusemail calls your different personalities "identities."
    I'm unclear about this. Do we get an @fusemail address by any chance?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I'm not an expert, but when you set up your username your login id/email address would be "PhoneDiva@fusemail.com". But they have other alternatives and they can host different email aliases as well. Again, I'm the wrong person to answer your question other than you will definitely get an @fusemail.com email address as one of the features.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Thanks!

So I'm assuming the @fusemail address is where your email will be forwarded to.

I also need to echo MarkY's question somewhat. I'd like to know if you can reply with your Yahoo, AOL, etc. address, or will it show the @fusemail address in the "reply to" section?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Thanks!

So I'm assuming the @fusemail address is where your email will be forwarded to.

I also need to echo MarkY's question somewhat. I'd like to know if you can reply with your Yahoo, AOL, etc. address, or will it show the @fusemail address in the "reply to" section?
    Yes, you will definitely forward your mail to PhoneDiva@fusemail.com. With regard to replying to email's, if you are using fusemail's webportal you can set up to 5 identities in which you customize your Reply Name and Email Address. Chatter with fusemail, then you would just customize your SMTP setting for the fusemail account, or you can also set up custom SMTP profiles as well. I use Mozilla on my desktop with Fusemail, and I set up a default SMTP setting with a reply to email address that is different than my fusemail address.

So the answer is no matter what platform you're using to send mail with fusemail (fusemail webmail, desktop mail client, chatter) you can set things up so that your fusemail email address will be completely hidden from everyone.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    I set up a trial with FuseMail and it appears to do as I want. I am able to send from FuseMail and it appears to come from the domains I have set up.

One thing I'm not familiar with yet is how quickly FuseMail is updated after I have read or deleted a message. For example, if I delete or read a message using Outlook, the FuseMail web client will still show it unread. With FastMail the update was well... fast. I've only been playing with this for about an hour though.

I can say the the FuseMail web portal is heads-and-shoulders above that of FastMail and the FuseMail support team is pretty responsive.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I am fairly certain that Fusemail webmail doesn't update in real time. After you make changes on your desktop client (Outlook) you would need to refresh Fusemail webmail for the changes to appear. But Chatter and Outlook can be configured through IMAP to have changes PUSH'd through instantly! Glad you like Fusemail
    Question for FuseMail users. Is there anyway to disable the ">" from the start of each line when writing replies with the web client? That could be a deal breaker for me.
    Those who switched over, was it worth it? I am looking at moving from fastmail to fusemail.
    Good, bad, or still issues (just different ones)?
    I have stuck with FastMail for the moment mainly due to the issue I mention above. I also thought the mail updated slower compared with FastMail. The FuseMail customer service was very responsive and gave me the feeling that they wanted me as a customer. I'll be keeping an eye on them to see if the issues I had are resolved.
    How about "emailtreo.com"??? $19.99/year.

My work is not currently paying for this email service. The other guys don't mind the lag to get their emails..

I hope to have them all converted soon to chatter and ?
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    Those who switched over, was it worth it? I am looking at moving from fastmail to fusemail.
    Good, bad, or still issues (just different ones)?
    I switched from Fastmail to Fusemail a year ago and I haven't looked back. I got tired of Fastmail being down because of server trouble. Downtime has been limited on Fusemail (only a couple of times in the whole year) and it was measured in minutes not hours and days as with Fastmail.
    I've been using the EmailTreo (everyone.net) free trial since I jumped from Fastmail a few months ago. Other than some Spam filter issues (a little catchup behind the spammers trying to untrain the filters), I've been very happy and will probably be subscribing once my free trial expires.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12