Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Hitting the down arrow while in the feed list doesn't do -anything- for me.

I have the main app on my SD card, but all the smaller support files are on internal ram. Would that make a difference?

This app really -really- would be most useful if it had the option of storing feeds/etc and running off the SD card. I don't like using up internal ram when I don't have to...especially since it's so limited on a Treo 650
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    On mine, everything is as you posted, except for the last screen shot. My menus are in German, everything else is in English. I did select English on the setup before the download. The file downloaded is: Smaato News _1.02_German_Server_EN. Might be a moot point for me anyways, since my Treo was one of the few without any resets, but now it resets after trying to use Smaato. It resets when I look at a feed and attempt to download the remainder of the article. It went into an endless reset loop so I deleted Smaato to see and the resets stopped.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Then you have access to a version that is different than what your webpage has people download. I downloaded the English version..and as shown in that screenshot, the menus are most definitely NOT in english.
    Exactly!!! I think I'll wait on this app until it's more stable. Removing Smaato has stopped my resets.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I've tried two rss feeds so far...neither of them have managed to sync and display in Smaato News.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/wwdn
    http://rss.slashdot.org/Slashdot/slashdot
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    More Feedback:

Why waste the line or two's worth of space at the top of the screen? Wouldn't it cut down the size of the program to remove the clouds... pretty tho they are, they really don't perform a necessary function, just take up a lot of space in the program..... and get another line or two of text in there. I want to read my news feeds, when I'm using an rss reader...not look at pretty clouds....I can go outside and do that.
  6.    #26  
    And the Smaato News interface is a bit clunky (despite its pretty looks)
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Before I removed the app, I got my feeds from CNN and Yahoo to work. It was when I wanted to read the entire feeds and selected complete article that the app crashed. It also took a long time to download those feeds and I'm in an EVDO area.
    Hi guys,

Please note, that Smaato News is a 1.0 release and we're permanently working on improvements and enhancements. We really appreciate your feedback. If you recognize bugs or if you have wishes: Please send an e-mail to our support team, so that we have a chance to help you.

We will provide the new versions of Cost and News on Monday or Tuesday. I will announce that here.

Menus in German: We were able to reproduce this issue, it will be fixed in the next version.

Hitting the down arrow while in the feed list doesn't do -anything- for me.

I have the main app on my SD card, but all the smaller support files are on internal ram. Would that make a difference?

This app really -really- would be most useful if it had the option of storing feeds/etc and running off the SD card. I don't like using up internal ram when I don't have to...especially since it's so limited on a Treo 650
    This problem may be caused by SD-Card usage. Currently we don’t support SD-Cards, but our team is working on that – we’re aware of the Treo 650’s limited memory.

Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    It resets when I look at a feed and attempt to download the remainder of the article. It went into an endless reset loop so I deleted Smaato to see and the resets stopped.
    Do you mean, the reset-look occurred when you clicked “Read more”? How much free memory do you have?

I've tried two rss feeds so far...neither of them have managed to sync and display in Smaato News.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/wwdn
    http://rss.slashdot.org/Slashdot/slashdot
    I will review this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    And the Smaato News interface is a bit clunky (despite its pretty looks)
    Can you please explain what you would like to have improved?

Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    Before I removed the app, I got my feeds from CNN and Yahoo to work. It was when I wanted to read the entire feeds and selected complete article that the app crashed. It also took a long time to download those feeds and I'm in an EVDO area.
    Speed will be improved in next version.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaato View Post
    Can you please explain what you would like to have improved?
    I have since uninstalled Smaato News (I have a QuickNews license).

But from using Smaato News for a couple of days, I was a disappointed by the limited 5-Way support and the necessity of toggling between the various screen views (to get to weather, for example).

Getting it to "update" required at-least three steps.

Smaato News is similar to mRSS and both are not as Treo-friendly as QuickNews.

- mvk
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote:

"Do you mean, the reset-look occurred when you clicked “Read more”? How much free memory do you have?"

Yes, the reset occurred when I clicked "read more". I was able to repeat this several times. I have 37.9 mb free memory left internally so I would think it's not a memory issue.
    Do you have an alternative browser installed or are you using blazer?
    not to interupt but I want to state that with smaatocost on treo 700p with 32MB free after a phone call I would get a long white screen(after the little popup) and maybe my device sometimes resets but most of the time it was a long delay.

I agree a little less clouds on both apps and I think featuring the ability to turn on and off the popup counter after a phone call would be great on smaato cost.

Also (if possible on treo 700p) in the top left corner where it says verizon wireless (or your service provider) I think it would be great if you guys could hide that(somehow) and have your total sms/mms up there in the corner and also your minutes used. Finally, the ablity to allow the function like an on and off switch would be very handy.

If that was implemented I would pay for the app. Those features I think would be outstanding.

Other than that good apps so far but is a little big memory wise.
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
    Delay with white screen is fixed and will be in the next release. Option to turn off ACD is possible with version 2.0.14 from the website.
    Unfortunately, it is not possible to show information in the Treo's "phone" screen.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaato View Post
    Do you have an alternative browser installed or are you using blazer?
    Just using Blazer....
    Hey Smaato -

I just started using Smaato Cost on my Treo 600 today. Love it.

One question: All the costs are showing up without decimals (total cost = $2, that sort of thing) despite the fact that I've chosen 2 decimals in the plan options. Is this just a Treo 600 problem, or am I missing something? The screenshots on your website have examples that show 2 decimals. Thanks!
    Thank you .

In MyBill, we do not show decimals, because space is limited. In CallLog, you see all values with full decimals. Calculation is always done with decimals, of course. This has nothing to do with the Treo 600
    Great, thanks! Maybe the display of decimals in My Bill (and the main screen, in the status bar) could be added as an option?

One other question: I'm not sure how one would go about knowing what MCC codes to enter for other carriers... I travel out-of-network frequently (to Canada, actually)... if I understand things right, Smaato Cost can pick up the fact that I'm roaming and change the location accordingly - but I'm not sure how that's done exactly. Can you help?

Thanks! Again.... great product.

Jesse
    I'm using Smaato Coast 2.0.9
    What is new in version 2.14?
    2.14 has some bugfixes, rollover minutes are improved and we did some speed improvements.

jberman:

Smaato Cost recognizes, when you log into a network which has no location, yet. It asks you to add the MNC/MCC (the unique network code) to the current location or to create a new one. You don't have to enter the codes in advance.
    could you post a link to the new download when it is out thank you very much.
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast